Who provides BF racing live feeds?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all, just a quick one;

Who provides the racing live feed on betfair, other than Racing TV? Is it ATR?

the reason I ask is because nearly all RTV live feeds for me are stop/start streaming, but the other type, the one where you can choose full screen and there's a latancy setting you can toggle, that feed is always flawless. Great to watch.
Wondering what the difference in technology is...

TIA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brovashift

I emailed BF last night asking the same question. No reply, but all feeds today have been perfect! Funny that, maybe they tried turning it off and on again lol.
Derek27

Brovashift wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:37 pm
I emailed BF last night asking the same question. No reply, but all feeds today have been perfect! Funny that, maybe they tried turning it off and on again lol.
You weren't expecting a reply were you? :lol:
Brovashift

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:39 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:37 pm
You weren't expecting a reply were you? :lol:
Not really, thats why I asked on here :lol:

I spoke to live chat and she said give me 10mins to look into it, I knew then I wasn't getting an answer lol. She came back and said to email [email protected], even the email sounds like it goes straight to SPAM folder :lol:
ANGELS15

Brovashift wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:01 pm

the reason I ask is because nearly all RTV live feeds for me are stop/start streaming, but the other type, the one where you can choose full screen and there's a latancy setting you can toggle, that feed is always flawless. Great to watch.

TIA
I raised a similar post several weeks ago but got no response so I thought I was the only one having an issue with live Betfair video. Mind you in my case I use the mobile app. Up until about December video feeds from Betfair were flawless but now most of the time the video pauses every couple of seconds and then restarts for only a couple of seconds before pausing for a couple of seconds again. I can watch for free in my William Hill mobile app and no problem with pictures there.
Brovashift

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:17 am
Brovashift wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:01 pm

TIA
I raised a similar post several weeks ago but got no response so I thought I was the only one having an issue with live Betfair video. Mind you in my case I use the mobile app. Up until about December video feeds from Betfair were flawless but now most of the time the video pauses every couple of seconds and then restarts for only a couple of seconds before pausing for a couple of seconds again. I can watch for free in my William Hill mobile app and no problem with pictures there.
Mine is still shite, even on Bet365 its the same. WH is better but the quality is pants, and about 5sec delay, no good for in play.
I'd love to know who provides the feed in that first image, it flawless every time. Wondering if there is a delay on that though, as I've heard there is a delay on ATR races, but don't know if thats ATR.

When I do a ping test ocasioanlly I'll lose the odd packet here n there, but it makes no difference, to both mobile live feed or desktop. I've got a decent gaming PC build for the job, the only thing I skrimped on was the graphics card, just bought a cheap 2gb one so I could finish the build. I was wondering if that might make a difference, but then it would do it across both streams, and mobile is obviously completely separate issue.

I don't like RTV!
Brovashift

It's SKY!!!

Isn't there a delay on Sky races?

:?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Ice

I'm the other way around...RTV is faultless (understand that they have invested in superior technology)...but SKY (ATR) is slower & buffers occasionally...but have found on low latency it's not too bad. Does it depend on the day of trading? ie when there is a much greater usage...like a saturday??
Brovashift

Black Ice wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:49 am
I'm the other way around...RTV is faultless (understand that they have invested in superior technology)...but SKY (ATR) is slower & buffers occasionally...but have found on low latency it's not too bad. Does it depend on the day of trading? ie when there is a much greater usage...like a saturday??
You might be onto something there as today is wasn't too bad, and I was streaming tennis at the same time. Will keep an eye on it and see how it performs thoughout this week.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”