Adam Heathcote

The sport of kings.
Euler

PDC wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:42 am
Whatever happened to your plans to publish a book, if nothing else but to tell these stories? I'd have thought that would be the perfect medium through which to give them the coverage they deserve, especially given how much easier self publishing is now.

If a certain someone can put out a #1 Best seller then.....
I probably will write a book at some point, but I'm still too busy actually doing it to devote the necessary time to write it. The coursebook was 300+ pages but as it's three years old now, needs a refresh.
Kai

But can one still really remain a 'student of the market' if they position themselves as a master/teacher?

It's a general question, and a genuine one at that, because this would imply that there is not much left to learn and not much potential left to reach and so on.
Kai

JollyGreen wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:17 pm
Today is the first time visiting the forum in over a year. I saw Adam's name mentioned, and having read some of the comments, I wanted to add my two pence worth!
Interesting bit of insight JG, thx for sharing.

Credit where due and that goes without saying, I just think that having very experienced traders as mentors is a ridiculous bit of luxury overall. On top of that, to then not appreciate it is nothing short of a travesty. It really is a shame to see how so many are unable to rise above petty scepticism and how they fall victim to their own confirmation bias, not to mention how often basic pettiness gets in the way of learning etc.

But this is in part why I believe that market is the best teacher period, EOD. To rephrase slightly, what is the market if not a hive collective of experienced trading minds, a collective that is practically teaching those on the other end of their trades/bets how to do it. And those of us that personalize those painful lessons are unlikely to learn anything, for me it's as simple as that.

I just think that a capable (trading) mind is going to get there eventually whether he has the world's best teacher or the world's worst teacher. No matter what mistakes he makes along the way, or which path he takes.
Euler

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:48 pm
But can one still really remain a 'student of the market' if they position themselves as a master/teacher?

It's a general question, and a genuine one at that, because this would imply that there is not much left to learn and not much potential left to reach and so on.
I don't really understand the question?

In the majority of your income is from not trading, then you will lose focus and your edge in double quick time. As many have proved.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:59 pm
Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:48 pm

I don't really understand the question?

In the majority of your income is from not trading, then you will lose focus and your edge in double quick time. As many have proved.
Just meant in terms of mindset, whether it would be damaging towards the whole mindset. Since I'm sure some would argue that the moment people start teaching is the moment people stop learning etc. Sounds somewhat mutually exclusive, hence the question.
Euler

It depends what your motivations are for doing it. If you are doing them to make money then I imagine you would produce content that will sell, not educational content. You probably don't care much fore whether it works or not.

I had to do them when I started as nobody even knew what trading was. But from there the courses were a good way for me to document and journal my progress. I would tend to add content to each course. This added a lot of pressure on me however. But what started out as a 16 page supplement, ended up as a 330 page bible.

But my philosophy was to offer the best advice available at that time and show people how I traded. It forced me to keep updating and find ways of explaining things better. It actually helped me as a trader. Probably the biggest impact it had on me though were the different people that came through the door. I could literally tell who wasn't going to be able to trade.

I haven't done any courses for 3/4 years now. I miss the interaction with customers, but have more time to develop my own trading now as a result.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:32 pm
I could literally tell who wasn't going to be able to trade.
Do you mind expanding on that slightly, as to which traits etc you saw as biggest obstacles to trading effectively? Genuinely curious and I'm sure it would be of value to many reading and lurking around.
PeterLe

Jolly good to see you posting and hope you're well.
Adam traded manual AND also automated (although I think the manual was his bread and butter). I dont know if the automated was inplay, but Id be very surprised if it wasnt.

He was an enigma really to those who had never met him, but Ive since met others who are making much more than what Adam made. He certainly inspired me.
Around that time it was really easy to made a lot of money in play, automated, its much different these days, but still possible

I often wonder if he is still active on betfair, maybe using his grandma's account to stay out of the limelight :D

One other thing - didn't Adam have a BSc in computing ;)
goat68

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:37 pm
Euler wrote:
Do you mind expanding on that slightly, as to which traits etc you saw as biggest obstacles to trading effectively? Genuinely curious and I'm sure it would be of value to many reading and lurking around.
Yes interesting...??

I'd guess meeting people face to face gives you a understanding of a person's psychology profile and mental attitude. Peter's 20yrs experience means he can read those and make a master judgement.

I struggle with my natural negative mental surges, i have to keep beating it with a stick. I m rather thin on top now as a result!!
Kai

goat68 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 pm
Kai wrote:
Euler wrote:
Yes interesting...??

I'd guess meeting people face to face gives you a understanding of a person's psychology profile and mental attitude. Peter's 20yrs experience means he can read those and make a master judgement.

I struggle with my natural negative mental surges, i have to keep beating it with a stick. I m rather thin on top now as a result!!
Or maybe a topic for the next Bet Angel video? If taking suggestions and if it's a big enough topic
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:46 pm
goat68 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 pm
Kai wrote:

Yes interesting...??

Or maybe a topic for the next Bet Angel video? If taking suggestions and if it's a big enough topic
I was probably one of those that Peter indentified when attending his final masterclass! :roll:
JollyGreen

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:55 pm
Jolly good to see you posting and hope you're well.
Adam traded manual AND also automated (although I think the manual was his bread and butter). I dont know if the automated was inplay, but Id be very surprised if it wasnt.

He was an enigma really to those who had never met him, but Ive since met others who are making much more than what Adam made. He certainly inspired me.
Around that time it was really easy to made a lot of money in play, automated, its much different these days, but still possible

I often wonder if he is still active on betfair, maybe using his grandma's account to stay out of the limelight :D

One other thing - didn't Adam have a BSc in computing ;)
Adam and I developed some in running software using a professional software writer. I can tell you it was an unmitigated disaster :o

He did try to use another account but was blocked immediately; he didn't try again after that.

He did his degree in computing but freely admitted he didn't know about the real-life application. That's not a criticism of him; we used to laugh when trying to sort IT issues :D
LeTiss

JollyGreen wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:27 pm
I go upstairs now and cannot remember why :lol:
My return to the Bet Angel Forum has been inspired by this little beauty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you're alive and well Jolly
Realrocknrolla

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 am
JollyGreen wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:27 pm
I go upstairs now and cannot remember why :lol:
My return to the Bet Angel Forum has been inspired by this little beauty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you're alive and well Jolly
Happy NY Tiss!
LeTiss

Well, thank you Sir....likewise

You lucky people will see me around more often in 2022....offering my usual nuggets of nonsense ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”