ShaunWhite

Industry SPs :roll:

2:30 122%
3:05 127%
3:40 127%
4:20 131%
5:00 126%
5:35 130%

When you hear the bookies on tv saying they've layed 100k or 175k at 1/2 and the exchange is sat at 1.6, how much of that 'risk' do people here think they push through BF ? I can't be bothered to get deep into the maths at this time but I'd have thought they're looking at a guarenteed return via BF of at least 20% on every quid they take without any risk or bookmaking skills.

I might go there as a bookie next year and just have my board wired up to be 15% worse than 'the machine'....or maybe they've already got a switch that does just that. Better still a chain of shops with live backing terminals plumbed right into my BF account..if one of you rich lot do that i'll be bl00dy furious :x unless you put me in the boardroom :mrgreen:
Niko

Good post, still amazes me more people don't use the exchanges!
Niko

3:40, laugh aloud withdrawn?? Exchanges still showing him?? Confused??
SeaHorseRacing

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:26 am
Industry SPs :roll:

2:30 122%
3:05 127%
3:40 127%
4:20 131%
5:00 126%
5:35 130%

When you hear the bookies on tv saying they've layed 100k or 175k at 1/2 and the exchange is sat at 1.6, how much of that 'risk' do people here think they push through BF ? I can't be bothered to get deep into the maths at this time but I'd have thought they're looking at a guarenteed return via BF of at least 20% on every quid they take without any risk or bookmaking skills.

I might go there as a bookie next year and just have my board wired up to be 15% worse than 'the machine'....or maybe they've already got a switch that does just that. Better still a chain of shops with live backing terminals plumbed right into my BF account..if one of you rich lot do that i'll be bl00dy furious :x unless you put me in the boardroom :mrgreen:
Most bookies won't lay off or arb loyal punters as they are usually mugs and long term known to them. I tried to get 5 grand each way on a horse with Geof Banks about 5 years ago. It wasn't even best priced available. They wouldn't take the bet or offer me an account. The horse lost and drifted massively and they were calling me at least once a week for about two months offering me an VIP account.

says it all.
megarain

Rant starting alert.

Posters who quote industry SP's of 120%+ at Ascot etc, show, just how little they know about the game.

The racecourse, is forcing these Sp's, through sheer economics.

To work, a pitch at Ascot, u need a licence, just for those 5 days. It would cost, between, £400k, and £5k. A medium/average pitch .. say number 50 in tatts, would be about £8k.

The daily pitch fee, you pay Ascot, is +/- £600. Your staff costs, are minimum £250, and u have hotel / food etc.

I know one bookie, who as 3 pitches, linked up. His fees for the 5 days, are £8600. His wage/hotel/other bill, is budgeted, for £11k. I expect over the 5 days, he will win, after all this, £10-£15k .. but, he has invested, £65k, in the pitches, for the privaledge.

Its hard work .. help yourself.
Jukebox

At least the bookmaker is up front with his price to the punter - If the users of this forum get a £100 profit from BF this afternoon how much of it they individually get to keep will vary considerably - some won't even know until BF have gone through a decade or more of accounts to calculate what their share is.
SeaHorseRacing

2.30 Ascot.

Winning Ways to me looks like a talented horse who has been aimed at this race for a very long time. Two starts ago Gerald Mosse rode Winning Ways. The french Jockey based abroad was only at Newbury that day for the one ride. Looking back at that day he was priced 14/1 and to me he looked like he was being schooled.
He won really impressively last time out at Ascot again by a jockey John Egan who is certainly someone you would book to give your horse an easy ride.

Gerald is ridding two for Jeremy Noseda today which are both worth an eye.

Can see this horse causing an upset at 14/1 in the 2.30
Naffman

Had him in my blackbook since Lingfield (few starts ago) but this race looks a lot tougher so can't back him again, Daban looks a huge price!

In the big race Jack Hobbs looks a class above but Queen's Trust will love this firm ground.
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:32 pm
Had him in my blackbook since Lingfield (few starts ago) but this race looks a lot tougher so can't back him again, Daban looks a huge price!

In the big race Jack Hobbs looks a class above but Queen's Trust will love this firm ground.
I have backed Winning Ways and Daban funny enough. Dont like the fav one bit.
Dallas

Another hot day (hottest since 1976 apparently), thankfully their was a downpour here all last night and this morning so lovely cool and clear air :D
SeaHorseRacing

Does anyone else agree with me that Happy Like A fool in the 3.05 at Evens is just complete madness. Since Wesley Ward yesterday said shes a special filly they price has just gone bonkers. It may well win but surely this is just insane after one start.
Its a 23 Runner field! Thats almost suggesting on an average size field the horse is a 1/2 shot. Hasnt even officially raced on turf yet.

Each way backers must be rubbing their hands today!
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:08 am
Rant starting alert.

Posters who quote industry SP's of 120%+ at Ascot etc, show, just how little they know about the game.
You'll find that elsewhere I've defended bookies margins (a lone voice) on the grounds that they provide more than just a betting facility. Tea, telly and a social life for thousands of pensioners in the shops for starters. It was more to do with just highlighting the fact the these days they are able to easily mitigate risk in a way the wasn't possible years ago. The commenst about doing it myself were slightly tongue in cheek.
Naffman

Yes too short, watched its race at Keeneland, was good but not impressive.
Dallas

Off to a much better start today
Dallas

Fav touched 40s in-play

Return to “Trading Horse racing”