Cheltenham 2020

The sport of kings.
Euler

Guess we should start this thread now as there is already an active market already.

Will Racing go ahead - https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/h ... d=27088631
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 am
Guess we should start this thread now as there is already an active market already.

Why not run it behind closed doors? Get the TV cameras in and at least the sport goes on.

Yes, the hospitality takes a hit, (prob insured in some way). More people will come across to the exchanges as the on course market won't be available.

The ISP could be computerised based on the bookies average price and exchanges too.
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 am
Euler wrote:

Why not run it behind closed doors? Get the TV cameras in and at least the sport goes on.

Yes, the hospitality takes a hit, (prob insured in some way). More people will come across to the exchanges as the on course market won't be available.

The ISP could be computerised based on the bookies average price and exchanges too.
makes sense, tho i doubt that ISP as you mention is something that can be pulled out of a hat at short notice without compliance checking and backtesting etc, etc...
wearthefoxhat

jimibt wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:33 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Euler wrote:

makes sense, tho i doubt that ISP as you mention is something that can be pulled out of a hat at short notice without compliance checking and backtesting etc, etc...
Shouldn't be a deal breaker. Bookies would probably be creative and create their own.
jimibt

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:33 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:

Shouldn't be a deal breaker. Bookies would probably be creative and create their own.
reminds me of the old adage: put 3 guys in a room and you'll get 4 different arguements :D
wearthefoxhat

Everything's gonna be fine.....Lump on Cheltenham to go [email protected]

bojo.png

Yes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Latest odds....

Cheltenham.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Big swing....fearing the worse?

Chelt2.png
Naffman

France now running behind closed doors - think by the Friday next week we will know where we stand
Euler

I've been taking out money from the market when it approaches 2's and put some back in as it contracts.

At 50% and seven days, that's quite a bit of time decay, unless there is an explosion in cases. All the football went ahead this week and you have more in one stadium than in the whole of Cheltenham. So it's not a decision to take lightly. Going forward Aintree could be a problem, but if they cancel that, they need to abandon the footy as well.

The traditional flu season ends soon, so it boils down to a medical judgement on whether they think the warmer weather will kick in and give everybody six months to prepare for the next one.
rik

how are they even trying to stop this virus, cant really quarantine everyone once too many people have it
ricardodeano

Euler wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:01 pm
The traditional flu season ends soon, so it boils down to a medical judgement on whether they think the warmer weather will kick in and give everybody six months to prepare for the next one.
I've been keeping tabs on a lot of virologists accounts and at present, there is nothing to indicate that there is any seasonality with covid19 i.e. we could be in for the long haul.
Euler

rik wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pm
how are they even trying to stop this virus, cant really quarantine everyone once too many people have it
It's most likely too late you would think. The nature of it hasn't been uncovered yet, so they may even have the incubation period wrong.
Euler

Manchester derby this weekend, so if that's on, so is Cheltenham!
ricardodeano

rik wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:12 pm
It won't be stopped unless a cure is found. Even if we get a vaccine, folk could still get it now it's out in the wild.

At the moment the UK is still in the containment phase and still nothing like what we have seen in China or Italy. I would imagine we will get to the point of physically limiting movement when we hit ~1k confirmed cases. Looking at the growth in S Korea and Italy, we are still in the early days but possibly at the point where things start to kick off - I'll make a guess we'll have 1000 confirmed case mid festival.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”