Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
Lutruwita

RichieT wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:29 pm
Had an interesting conversation this week with someone who has sporadic access to the TAB control room (where the races are suspended etc). He reckons there has been some change in technology and the pictures are quite a bit more delayed than they used to be, even for TAB. Seems to line up with my recent findings, TAB markets are closing almost 2 seconds after they jump (2 seconds after the green light in case of the greyhounds).

Haven't really paid much attention to the IP markets in the past week or two, has anyone else noticed that the fast pic guys have been less aggressive lately? If they are still going full bore it probably means it's someone getting the pics before TAB, maybe in the production trucks or something?
Still a nightmare except Thursday which was fine. No crazy fast pic guys.
megarain

In-running markets liquidity might be affected by Easter weekend, but they have become embarrassing.
Lutruwita

Today is a shit show. They are so far ahead. $2 about a horse that jumps at $7 before I can even get to it. They just smash the leader to unrecognisable odds before you can even select which horse is leading.
Lutruwita

megarain wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:37 am
In-running markets liquidity might be affected by Easter weekend, but they have become embarrassing.
Never had a problem during Easter before.
megarain

I get the impression a lot of serious traders have gone to Citibet.

No PC - but maybe Triad issues.

It's never easy.
RichieT

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:45 am
Today is a shit show. They are so far ahead. $2 about a horse that jumps at $7 before I can even get to it. They just smash the leader to unrecognisable odds before you can even select which horse is leading.
Yep kept a close eye on it today, absolutely no point getting involved. They are all over it.
megarain wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:19 am
I get the impression a lot of serious traders have gone to Citibet.

No PC - but maybe Triad issues.

It's never easy.
Citi is hard for IP. There are only a couple of IP market makers and they leave peanuts up once the market turns in play. The backers throw up thousands on whatever lands in the lead or if a roughie lands in a good spot (E/W) but stuff all actually gets matched. Hong Kong and Singapore are a different story though
RichieT

Radio TAB (AM) 3 seconds behind the on course calls at Kilcoy and Capalaba today (so I assume it's across the board). Used to be real time, have they been told by the TAB to introduce a delay to stifle the Betfair in-players?

Anyone from down south that can comment on whether 2KY etc are doing the same?
JA89

Long shot, does anyone have a list of the Aussie tracks that normally show on Optus D1 and D2?

I can normally tell after a couple of races what is available that day but I'd rather just avoid them altogether for obvious reasons!
Trent123

JA89 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:59 pm
Long shot, does anyone have a list of the Aussie tracks that normally show on Optus D1 and D2?

I can normally tell after a couple of races what is available that day but I'd rather just avoid them altogether for obvious reasons!
following
bgow

I haven't kept up to date after everything went encrypted but some of the regulars that I can remember were Marburg, Quirindi, Sapphire Coast, Hamilton, Burnie, Horsham.

Any country track that only has a few meetings a year is also likely to be available to the sat crews.
bundoorabloke

new to the forum so not sure I should link to another thread but it's relevant to this thread :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25934
JCB

Worth noting that Neds now have a stream for most Aussie racing that is 6 or 7 seconds quicker than the other online sources. Still worthless for IP but it's the first instance I've seen where a bookmaker has been granted access to a feed where the TAB graphics aren't plastered all over it.
bundoorabloke

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:20 am
Worth noting that Neds now have a stream for most Aussie racing that is 6 or 7 seconds quicker than the other online sources. Still worthless for IP but it's the first instance I've seen where a bookmaker has been granted access to a feed where the TAB graphics aren't plastered all over it.
Thanks for the heads up, assume it's the same feed on Ladbrokes. For me it's about the same as my foxtel satellite - decent.
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:20 am
Thanks for this. It doesnt carry NSW Racing?
megarain

Suspend monkey closed race at Bowraville on the first circuit.

Fav would have traded 5+ in running. Hurts.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”