Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
Heisenberg

This is the response I got before they changed to the 'no comment' policy....

"We have listened to our customers and we are improving our market operations tools which includes a faster Sky Racing feed. In the past Betfair was utilising the Sky feed that is available on Foxtel.

With the improvement of the Sky Racing feed Betfair can manage racing markets more efficiently which will see a better overall service for our customers.

This stream is a paid corporate subscription you would need to contact Sky Racing to see if this service is available to individual customers"
spreadbetting

Heisenberg wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:10 pm
They've never had staff on course in Australia, the country is simply too big and there are many hundreds of tracks. They've always suspended off the Foxtel feed (as per my account manager) until 2/3 months ago when they finally got access to a better feed.
Thanks.

I keep meaning to write a simple script to log the Betfair inplay off/suspend times and compare against the offical off times and race time but still havent got round to it. Be good to see if there are courses that stand out like a sore thumb or if all times are out by a few seconds.
Heisenberg

I've done it manually with a decent sample size and they are all pretty much identical except for where the red light isn't very visible in which case allow up to another second or so. Obviously the BF suspend guys are quite reliant on the red light letting them know they are about to go. When it's not visible it can occasionally catch them a bit off guard.
spreadbetting

What sort of times were you getting? And does it seem to have improved at all as things got a lot worse a few months ago for me.
Heisenberg

2-3 seconds, trending more towards 3 in the past week or two. Previously it averaged 6.

There are virtually no big BSP blips when favoured runners miss the start now (except in harness racing which is unavoidable) but the trade off is that in-play is now a total write off for the most part.
Heisenberg

Be interested to see how the in-play markets trade this week. On the weekend there was a massive change to how they were trading previously, they were positively sluggish compared to the previous couple of months. Almost as though someone has been told to knock it off after all the accusations flying on Twitter. Hmmmm.
The dog of ry

Yeah I agree.

There was a guy pumping a 10k @ 1.01 bet into the winner who seems to have stopped in the last week or so. He may have been put off by a couple of winners who weighed in light, could have blown the bank.

One thing I had noticed too about the fast guys is they weren't touching anything on Sky 2. Maybe the TV in the office is for red channel only
Trader23

Heisenberg wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:24 am
Be interested to see how the in-play markets trade this week. On the weekend there was a massive change to how they were trading previously, they were positively sluggish compared to the previous couple of months. Almost as though someone has been told to knock it off after all the accusations flying on Twitter. Hmmmm.
Yep still no response from Betfair about it. Surely they have rules in place where if you work for the company you cant trade in play at work and especially off the company live feed! Im sure the big wigs of the company would be impressed if some employees were ruining their in play product. I know for a fact some VIP account managers trade in run as I have seen them with my own eyes on course.
TipTopTrader

I did mention and a previous post on a different thread or maybe it was this one that a big pro punter said a few years ago that you need to buy a commerial sky sub and said it was around 400 a month. One of the fellow forum members posted a reply saying they where running of the same as the normal sky and the delay was the same and it was no longer worth having.

Im not interesting in trading in play and dont wont to spent that type of money just to know when race is going start exactly.

Im just passing on the info that I have heard, if its any help.
The dog of ry

TipTopTrader wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:00 am
I did mention and a previous post on a different thread or maybe it was this one that a big pro punter said a few years ago that you need to buy a commerial sky sub and said it was around 400 a month. One of the fellow forum members posted a reply saying they where running of the same as the normal sky and the delay was the same and it was no longer worth having.

Im not interesting in trading in play and dont wont to spent that type of money just to know when race is going start exactly.

Im just passing on the info that I have heard, if its any help.
I have this, its the same subscription the pubs/TAB's pay for. It used to be about 2 secs faster than Foxtels Sky channel so was a small advantage. Since they upgraded the pic to HD about a year ago, its now on par with Fox Sky. If Sky 1 & 2 ever go HD on Foxtel I will scrap it
TipTopTrader

oh ok thanks for info.
spreadbetting

Thanks for that, hopefully the authorities will start to look into the unfair advantage some seem to have. Luckily the Aus authorities take it more seriously than the useless UK counterparts. The 7 seconds mentioned doesn't surprise me at all.
Trader23

Great News- it was discussed in this thread very in depth and hopefully the in play markets can return to the "normal" of 6 months ago.
JA89

Didn't expect the main stream media to pick up on this story. Reasonably well written too considering the relatively obscure content.

No comment from Betfair isn't a great look. I'm pretty sure Paddy Power and Crown employees are working remotely now so wouldn't be a stretch to see them have a couple of mates crowded around a second monitor while they are managing markets. No one would ever know. In hindsight Betfair getting their hands on the real time feed is the worst thing that could have happened. Don't think the in-play will ever recover now. I spoke to a mate who is a tracksider at the Sydney tracks and even he's given it up. Said he barely makes enough to cover the petrol to get there now.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”