Anbell

Heisenberg wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:11 am
I'd do awful, awful things
Go on...
Heisenberg

megarain wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:07 am
The encryption of races on 152E has changed a fair bit, so u have to have serious investment to have a remote chance of getting access.

The BBL cricket feeds I got, were no more than 1 sec behind live.

I expect a few for the world cup (qualifiers) - u can check then.
Sounds like I got sold dud feeds! 1 second behind live would be extremely valuable to me (not Betfair, I expect the pitchsiders would be hard to beat).

The 152E feeds (I'm assuming that's D2?), What sort of investment do you think you'd be looking at? Presumably nobody is selling them if they do get access, would be great to have a fast pic monopoly, even if it was only on the trots.
Anbell wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:44 am
Heisenberg wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:11 am
I'd do awful, awful things
Go on...
You don't want to know 😂
megarain

Most traders just want to be able to pull orders etc.

The cricket feeds easily facilitated that.

The investment is +/- £20k - based on high end graphics cards / processors. Hard to justify.
Heisenberg

megarain wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm
Most traders just want to be able to pull orders etc.

The cricket feeds easily facilitated that.

The investment is +/- £20k - based on high end graphics cards / processors. Hard to justify.
The old rainbow tables are no longer good enough I'm guessing? Been ages since I've had anything to do with it.
megarain

No - rainbow tables only work if you have a valid Crypt 8.

They now appear to have been instructed to remove this from the data stream - so, you need something which can guess the correct 16 digit code from 11 trillion possible combinations (in less than 1-2 hrs, if its to be of any use).

Not a piece of kit you gonna pick up cheaply.
Heisenberg

Might be a market for selling the codes if you're a Bitcoin miner or something. Take it offline for an hour or two each day and I'm sure they'd make more money than they would have mining.
R3dz3l

Hi all,

Great thread. I've played AUS in-play for a few years now.

Couple of things I'll comment on - I've also noticed the inconsistency between meetings/days etc where it appears someone has a great feed and winners are straight to 1.01 to lay very early, but then others where there is still higher than usual odds available when the race is finished, as if no one at all with any sort of advantage is betting on it. I've pondered all theories mentioned and agree that all are plausible. But the only point I'll make is - Over the years I've noticed similar trends where it appears there isn't a $ to be made (and I think to myself: maybe others are entering the market and are great race reader, maybe they've got a fast feed etc) but it becomes apparent they aren't really that great - they are just aggressive. They eventually get burnt, and it's noticeable that they then leave the market, where I then notice I can make $ again with little downside risk. So I think that's still a possibility that some punters are just really aggressive and it gives the impression some are out there with superior feeds, where they may not actually be.

Re: radio feeds - I've always been told AM is ahead of FM. Up until recently I only had access to FM, where now I can actually receive both AM and FM RadioTAB. They both have exactly the same latency where I am?
Anbell

R3dz3l wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:54 pm
Hi all,

Great thread. I've played AUS in-play for a few years now.

Couple of things I'll comment on - I've also noticed the inconsistency between meetings/days etc where it appears someone has a great feed and winners are straight to 1.01 to lay very early, but then others where there is still higher than usual odds available when the race is finished, as if no one at all with any sort of advantage is betting on it. I've pondered all theories mentioned and agree that all are plausible. But the only point I'll make is - Over the years I've noticed similar trends where it appears there isn't a $ to be made (and I think to myself: maybe others are entering the market and are great race reader, maybe they've got a fast feed etc) but it becomes apparent they aren't really that great - they are just aggressive. They eventually get burnt, and it's noticeable that they then leave the market, where I then notice I can make $ again with little downside risk. So I think that's still a possibility that some punters are just really aggressive and it gives the impression some are out there with superior feeds, where they may not actually be.

Re: radio feeds - I've always been told AM is ahead of FM. Up until recently I only had access to FM, where now I can actually receive both AM and FM RadioTAB. They both have exactly the same latency where I am?
Which am/fm stations are you listening to?
The dog of ry

R2 Bathurst harness, two favs into the lane both travelling ok. Horse with the sit was backed all 1.01 taken at top of the straight before it had even peeled.. course it won but surely thats not aggression.. thats someone who has already seen it sail on by

People are going to get jack of it very quickly
megarain

With Covid relenting, a lot of on-course traders have returned.
RichieT

megarain wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am
With Covid relenting, a lot of on-course traders have returned.
You aren't kidding, I did a bit of on course stuff 5-6 years ago and I was the only one in my particular area. Have been back a few times late last year and this year and they were everywhere. Super aggressive betting too, particularly the harness venues. They are jumping on at $1.01 a long way out. Saw 2 go under at $1.01 in that time, was very obvious who it was 😂
RichieT

Spotted a drone out the back (opposite the grandstand side) of Albion Park today. Hopefully just a hobbyist and the scourge of drones hasn't arrived here (in restricted airspace too mind you 😳)
Lutruwita

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:55 am
R2 Bathurst harness, two favs into the lane both travelling ok. Horse with the sit was backed all 1.01 taken at top of the straight before it had even peeled.. course it won but surely thats not aggression.. thats someone who has already seen it sail on by

People are going to get jack of it very quickly
Yes. Some days are like this. Leaders are being smacked to ridiculous prices recently.
RichieT

Had an interesting conversation this week with someone who has sporadic access to the TAB control room (where the races are suspended etc). He reckons there has been some change in technology and the pictures are quite a bit more delayed than they used to be, even for TAB. Seems to line up with my recent findings, TAB markets are closing almost 2 seconds after they jump (2 seconds after the green light in case of the greyhounds).

Haven't really paid much attention to the IP markets in the past week or two, has anyone else noticed that the fast pic guys have been less aggressive lately? If they are still going full bore it probably means it's someone getting the pics before TAB, maybe in the production trucks or something?
megarain

The markets are weak as piss.

Wouldnt be at all surprised if Betfair quit Aus within 5 yrs.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”