Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
spreadbetting

Not sure it's that expensive, I was offered one of the licences but no use to me as I'm not that good a coder so be wasted on me. I'd guess a few on the forum have been given them by Betfair.
Heisenberg

There is a similar service in operation in Australia, no idea if it's available commercially but I wouldn't touch it even if it was. Just have to look at the NSW races, horses are forever losing or damaging their transponder (nothing like seeing your horse leading on the graphic only to have a horse 6 lengths ahead of it!). Plus there are regularly discrepancies, you often see a horse shown zooming from the tail to the lead and back again within seconds. The potential is there, but it would need to be refined a great deal for it to be usable.

There are interfaces available (forget the abbreviation, it's 3 letters I think... Optical something something?) where if you have quick pictures, or any pictures at all for that matter, the program can identify relative positions and speeds etc, effectively the best of both worlds. You'd probably still need quick pics for it to be playable though.
spreadbetting

I was told it's very reliable these days, think they use 2 or 3 GPS transponders. I have the API docs somewhere, I'll try and dig them out. basically you get the GPS coordinates of each course and streaming data of the horses GPS location and match them all up, was beyond my capabilities so I passed on it for now but was told the people using it are doing well. Just UK and some US courses at the moment.
BigToad

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/racing/ ... 56bit.html
Betfair inplay market will be dead in 12 months if its not soughted out-people are still trading off these pics so my inplay wagering is near non existent currently.I wonder if Betfair have had a word to these people/account holders?
abgespaced

BigToad wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:47 am
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/racing/ ... 56bit.html
Betfair inplay market will be dead in 12 months if its not soughted out-people are still trading off these pics so my inplay wagering is near non existent currently.I wonder if Betfair have had a word to these people/account holders?
Yeah they are trading faster than the race caller can call it in real time. Absurd. Makes me wonder who's money they are collecting. They'll probably just cannibalise themselves to extinction and the market will be dead as you say. The only way out is to provide the same technology for everyone, but that won't happen until the vultures have feasted.
JA89

I'm tracksiding at the Gold Coast today and I've made the grand total of $24 in the first 4 races 😂 It's just impossible now, 12 months ago I'd pick up $500 over the course of the meeting easily.

I'm now torn on whether it's fast pic guys or something else. I did a test and I've got 2 bets on with the TAB 1-2 seconds after they jumped, and they undoubtedly have the fastest pics available. They are suspending at least a second after they jump, and probably a bit more than that. I know reaction time plays a part but it also plays a part when I placed the bets that were accepted which cancels things out somewhat.

So if their pics are still 1+ seconds behind live and I'm watching live and still getting smashed, what the hell could it be? I don't think my race reading skills are in question. Maybe as theorised earlier someone had access to trakus or similar and has a really freaking good bot. I honestly have no idea. I'll persist and see if I can win my dinner money over the rest of the meeting lol.
Lutruwita

The market is very sharp today, no doubt. I got cleaned up late one race at the GC. Didn't expect it to be so sharp.
JA89

Funny thing is that races 1 and 3 were in doubt until the final couple of strides, and to a lesser extent race 4 which would normally be a big advantage for the tracksider. Race 2 the winner was obvious from 200m out yet it was my best result of the day, if you can call a few bucks a "best result"
Lutruwita

They picked the bones out of Prometheus
rik

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 am
The market is very sharp today, no doubt. I got cleaned up late one race at the GC. Didn't expect it to be so sharp.
you were placing back bets on the home straight? how much do you think you are behind?
JA89

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:55 am
They picked the bones out of Prometheus
Prometheus was what saved my bacon today. Put in an order at $1.50 at about the 150m mark and got matched at an average of $2.60. It was the only backmarker that got up today, it's only n=1 but maybe whoever it is is frontrunner biased.

I put in orders today varying from $1.30 to $2.00 and while most got partially matched, they were for ridiculously small amounts, just a dollar or two here and there. Was trying to sus out whether we are competing against bots or humans, the small partially matched stakes suggest maybe I was getting matched by bots but will need to do a lot of research before deciding whether it's viable anymore.

On a side note there were a couple other tracksiders there and they seemed to be focused on the slow starters, obviously still an edge there but it's not something I've mastered. Nothing like laying the $2 fav that comes out last and gets a saloon passage up the inside and is leading after 100m!
SBlake

Hi, I've previously been using ultrafastsports for Australian, US and UK horse racing but they have just stopped providing horse racing feeds. Does anyone know of a comparable service at a comparable price? Was previously paying 1200 quid per month for all racing (also included a few smaller markers like France, Germany etc). Thanks for any help.
Anbell

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:38 am
TipTopTrader wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:00 am
I did mention and a previous post on a different thread or maybe it was this one that a big pro punter said a few years ago that you need to buy a commerial sky sub and said it was around 400 a month. One of the fellow forum members posted a reply saying they where running of the same as the normal sky and the delay was the same and it was no longer worth having.

Im not interesting in trading in play and dont wont to spent that type of money just to know when race is going start exactly.

Im just passing on the info that I have heard, if its any help.
I have this, its the same subscription the pubs/TAB's pay for. It used to be about 2 secs faster than Foxtels Sky channel so was a small advantage. Since they upgraded the pic to HD about a year ago, its now on par with Fox Sky. If Sky 1 & 2 ever go HD on Foxtel I will scrap it
I want to get SKY1 and SKY2 at home. Is there a difference in delay between foxtel cable vs satellite vs Foxtel GO?
JA89

Foxtel Go very delayed, don't bother. No measurable difference between cable and satellite but you probably won't be given a choice anyway, I think all new installs are satellite now because the cable network has been sold/leased to NBN.
Anbell

JA89 wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:27 am
Foxtel Go very delayed, don't bother. No measurable difference between cable and satellite but you probably won't be given a choice anyway, I think all new installs are satellite now because the cable network has been sold/leased to NBN.
Thanks for the info. It's a rental so I'll have to check with the landlord if a satellite is ok.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”