Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
JA89

Got a callback from Sky/Tabcorp, which is a vast improvement from getting ignored like you usually do!

The guy was sympathetic and at least acknowledged the existence of the fast feed but re-iterated that it wasn't for sale at any price :evil:
The dog of ry

Last couple of months it has felt like the fast feed hasn't been used much... apart from a few days which it clearly was. Over Xmas & NY it was def being used.. I half joked to a mate that someone had snuck it out of the office for the holidays.
Anbell

BF have been closing so much earlier.
The dog of ry

Yeah thats stayed pretty constant, but it was clear someone was using quick pics to back in the run. There's also someone with a quick feed doin NZ races, they place a bet on the winner at $1.04 when they're about 100m from the line on my pics. And they're never wrong even when one comes from nowhere and gets up last stride so they're a good 6-8 seconds ahead
abgespaced

I've lost all interest in play Aus. But now I am looking elsewhere, I can say that I enjoy my trading a lot more. Silver linings and all that.
Buz

Is it just me or have the fast pic guys effectively disappeared lately? Quite often there is still money available as they go past the post, even when there is a definite margin. And 6 months ago, if something went $1.10 with a furlong to go, it just never lost. Now they are getting turned over multiple times every day.

Have they finally had their pics taken off them?
Buz

Cairns R2 a good example, $2 available on the winner as they went past the post and $1.04 left unmatched when the market was suspended.

And Port M R4, wins by 2 lengths and $1.02 available when suspended.
megarain

The liquidity on the Aussie racing I look at has been absolutely decimated - its possible cost/return is a factor, but I hadnt
especially noticed prices being left untaken.
Buz

megarain wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:27 pm
The liquidity on the Aussie racing I look at has been absolutely decimated - its possible cost/return is a factor, but I hadnt
especially noticed prices being left untaken.
Yes it was back to normal today, they must have just had a couple of days off.
megarain

Have posted a question to the Betfair Forum, asking if any users have trading advantages, specifically in regard to Aussie Racing.

Don't suppose they will include in the hr long Q & A - let's hope they clarify.
Heisenberg

Revisiting this thread, anyone had any luck sourcing the quick pics? The AU in-play market is so hit and miss these days, I'm not sure what to make of it. Sometimes $1.01 is smashed a furlong out when not the obvious winner and sometimes $1.04 is left unmatched when something wins by 2 lengths.

Radio latency had increased too. I've run a few tests at the SE QLD and Northern NSW tracks and Radio TAB is now slightly behind live, maybe just over a second. Previously the radio call was indistinguishable from the on course feed. Perhaps a deliberate ploy to thwart those playing off the AM call?
Lutruwita

Heisenberg wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:31 pm
Revisiting this thread, anyone had any luck sourcing the quick pics? The AU in-play market is so hit and miss these days, I'm not sure what to make of it. Sometimes $1.01 is smashed a furlong out when not the obvious winner and sometimes $1.04 is left unmatched when something wins by 2 lengths.

Radio latency had increased too. I've run a few tests at the SE QLD and Northern NSW tracks and Radio TAB is now slightly behind live, maybe just over a second. Previously the radio call was indistinguishable from the on course feed. Perhaps a deliberate ploy to thwart those playing off the AM call?
Things have turned to shit for me this year. Seems impossible using tv/am radio. They are placing the bets just before it comes through via the AM call. For instance, 'horse is travelling well', but as it is coming through on the AM radio said horse is already backed in. Yet the other day I got $10 about a winner at the 150m mark. Go figure.

Only about 2.5 seconds between Sky and AM radio today...
The dog of ry

Couple of things I've noticed.

They don't seem to touch races that go to the blue channel, which made me wonder if it's an employee somewhere who isn't allowed the remote. Also races up here that aren't covered by RadioTAB 1008am (SE QLD). This made me suspicious of maybe someone working at the station.

I read plenty of blowups from punters on Twitter when the caller (usually Terry Bailey) stuffs up, I'm positive they're just piling into the shorts via the radio.

Does anybody have any luck viewing meetings on D1 or D2 etc? I follow some pages which list a meeting or two a week, usually in the sticks... hardly seems worth the trouble. I see they have cricket most days.. and womens AFL.. but not that desperate yet
Heisenberg

The dog of ry wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:06 am
Couple of things I've noticed.

They don't seem to touch races that go to the blue channel, which made me wonder if it's an employee somewhere who isn't allowed the remote. Also races up here that aren't covered by RadioTAB 1008am (SE QLD). This made me suspicious of maybe someone working at the station.

I read plenty of blowups from punters on Twitter when the caller (usually Terry Bailey) stuffs up, I'm positive they're just piling into the shorts via the radio.

Does anybody have any luck viewing meetings on D1 or D2 etc? I follow some pages which list a meeting or two a week, usually in the sticks... hardly seems worth the trouble. I see they have cricket most days.. and womens AFL.. but not that desperate yet
I've also noticed that they don't seem to be active on the Sky 2 races, I'd just assumed they avoided them due to the race being the lower liquidity of the 2 clashing races but you may well be onto something.

Re: the cricket via satellite, I bought a couple of the Brisbane Heat BBL streams (as I don't have sat equipment myself) and went to the matches to see how far behind live they are. Still around 4 seconds behind live as they aren't the true raw feeds, I'd do awful, awful things to get a raw feed but I'm not sure they exist, at least with the bigger matches.

I think the D2 racing is mostly trots these days but I'm not totally sure, I'm sure there are others here with access.
megarain

The encryption of races on 152E has changed a fair bit, so u have to have serious investment to have a remote chance of getting access.

The BBL cricket feeds I got, were no more than 1 sec behind live.

I expect a few for the world cup (qualifiers) - u can check then.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”