Newbie Advice

The sport of kings.
gewage83

Hi All,

I'm not a complete Newb, in as far as I have been trading football markets for some time, and doing ok with that. I am interested in trading the pre-off horse racing markets, as I like the sport and feel it would be another skill to learn to trade these markets.

My question is where would anyone recommend I look to learn how to read the markets. I know I will have to develop my own trading style and "feel" for the market, and also develop my own edge. I'm not asking for somewhere where I can buy another traders edge, just the best suggestions on where I can learn how I should be reading the markets.

Now I know the obvious answer is to just put the hours in watching as many markets as possible and test using small stakes which is fine and I am prepared to do this, but I would also like to increase my knowledge and possibly learn from others experiences. would anyone recommend and resources for this, aside from the youtube videos of experienced traders only showing the ladder and making the trades look easy?

Any advice welcome.

G.
Dallas

Heve you tried the Bet Angel academy?

There is free pre-horse racing course here with loads of analysis videos breaking the trade down and showing what to look for
https://online.betangelacademy.com/cour ... rse-racing
gewage83

I've completed this course on BAA. Its a decent course for free, but only really shows the ladder and the mechanics of the trades. There are some good insights and info, but not really a great deal of detail on why the trades are entered. but I suppose this would give away some of Peter's trading edge, so maybe I'm expecting too much. what is the paid course like? might move on to that next.
Dallas

gewage83 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:47 pm
I've completed this course on BAA. Its a decent course for free, but only really shows the ladder and the mechanics of the trades. There are some good insights and info, but not really a great deal of detail on why the trades are entered. but I suppose this would give away some of Peter's trading edge, so maybe I'm expecting too much. what is the paid course like? might move on to that next.
That goes into a little more detail than whats in the free course but you'll probably get more use from Peter Webbs Masterclass course run from Bet Angel's offices
https://www.betangelacademy.com/trading-masterclass/

They are of course on hold at the moment but should be resuming shortly, although we have no confirmed dates just yet you can register your interest using the link below and we'll email you as soon as some dates are confirmed.
https://www.betangelacademy.com/
Emmson

Comb this forum with a fine-tooth comb, there are plenty of valuable insights posted here...and some false trails.
Derek27

How long have you been trading for? Whatever course you decide to do, you'll get far more benefit and have better understanding of it with a bit of experience.
Korattt

using the ladders on the BA software look to learn a particular set up, there are a few, what I did, (which took me a while) is to choose one set up & just stick that particular one during the day, then the next day I would practice another set up, someone on here before as said that HR trading is like learning to drive a car,

as a newbie so many things to learn, but eventually you should pass the test so to speak, like driving.. some take ages & spend a lot of money trying.. some don’t

GL
gewage83

I’ve tried a few days this week, and had mixed results. 😳
I do have a question regarding stakes. I know small stakes are best at the moment for me but I find if I use minimum stakes I find I’m quite free with my trades. What would you suggest?
Also my biggest fault is letting open trades go in play. I know it’s a no no, but I’m still work on eradicating my personality faults. 😂
Any other advice anyone has would be very welcome. Thanks.
CallumPerry

Set yourself a target profit, if you use stakes above (X) then you lose the challenge. £2 stakes to make £100 before you raise to £2.10 stakes.

With regard to going in-play, use a simple piece of automation/servant to green/red up your final position a few seconds before the start-time so you know you can't touch anything in the final 10 seconds or so. It will still require you to learn to sit on your hands but it may help you significantly.
ShaunWhite

gewage83 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm
I do have a question regarding stakes. I know small stakes are best at the moment for me but I find if I use minimum stakes I find I’m quite free with my trades. What would you suggest?
Stake an amount you care about but not enough so you're stressed about it. £2 is significant to some and has become the default suggestion, but if you're generally doing OK then a tenner might make you a bit more focused. And I can see why you're going in play if you're using 2 quids, why not eh it doesn't matter. You'll stop going inplay the day after you do it with a stake that loses enough for you to still feel sick the next day.
alexmr2

There's lots of free videos on youtube (mainly Peter's). I can't really vouch for any pre-off paid courses although you might pick up some useful things from them.

IMO the only way is practice and experience in this game. After about 10,000 markets I'm starting to feel it come together and finally developing some decent consistency over hundreds of races. If you trade every day 6 or 7 days a week you should reach that point after about 18 months - 2 years in

Return to “Trading Horse racing”