racestatsapp

The sport of kings.
Euler

With respect, calling people ignorant isn't the way to win them over, it's just a good way alienate them.

Give them some examples and advice and politely disagree. But offending people isn't the way to win them over.

I've spent 20 years trying to tell people what I do, but still, people disagree or question it. So I let that live, but just explain what I do. If people don't want to understand I've come to realise I can't help. But all I can do is be polite and let people find out for themselves.
Atho55

Hi Mike, why not put a few bullet points down to explain what it does then. Not everyone has time to look at videos but most will read a few lines.

Time to draw a line methinks.

Give us some predictions for tomorrow....
Naffman

It might be a good product but it only took 1 comment and you got triggered, another guy that gets triggered easily is a conman so it doesn't look good
GBDundee

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:06 pm
Hi Mike, why not put a few bullet points down to explain what it does then. Not everyone has time to look at videos but most will read a few lines.

Time to draw a line methinks.

Give us some predictions for tomorrow....
Follow me on twitter. @RaceStatsApp
GBDundee

Euler wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:52 pm
With respect, calling people ignorant isn't the way to win them over, it's just a good way alienate them.

Give them some examples and advice and politely disagree. But offending people isn't the way to win them over.

I've spent 20 years trying to tell people what I do, but still, people disagree or question it. So I let that live, but just explain what I do. If people don't want to understand I've come to realise I can't help. But all I can do is be polite and let people find out for themselves.
I agree 100% but when people rubbish 13 years of work, 100's thousands invested, with zero knowledge I would say I am entitled to call them out for what they are ..sorry if people are offended by the truth, to avoid that all they need to do is spend a few hours learning...it may just change their lives.
Last edited by GBDundee on Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm
It might be a good product but it only took 1 comment and you got triggered, another guy that gets triggered easily is a conman so it doesn't look good
Mikes attitude seems very 1 dimensional, I'd imagine that projects itself into his software.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Naffman wrote:
:) I suspect the customer support might be a bit feisty. This is the most antagonistic sales pitch I've ever seen.
"hello sir would you like to buy XYZ"
"not really, I don't like it"
"fvck off then"
Naffman

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:36 pm
Naffman wrote:
:) I suspect the customer support might be a bit feisty. This is the most antagonistic sales pitch I've ever seen.
"fvck off then"
:lol:
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Naffman wrote:
"fvck off then"
love it... wasn't going to add any comments to this thread but it's beyond hilarious. can't wait to see it erupt further -reckon it won't take much prodding by the sounds of it...

oh dear!
GBDundee

Naffman wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Naffman wrote:
"fvck off then"
Certainty is..if you ask a question that a video and/or manual answers. I have made a program to make users money, see twitter or ask someone that uses it, most of our users have been with us since day one. ..don't need to pander to the lazy. You want to make money learn the apps.
Trader Pat

GBDundee wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:31 pm
. ..don't need to pander to the lazy.
I really hope the app works out for you but if it doesn't you have a career as a personal trainer
Jukebox

GBDundee wrote:
Naffman wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:

"fvck off then"
Certainty is..if you ask a question that a videos and/or manual answers. I have made a program to make users money, see twitter or ask someone that uses it, ..don't need to pander to the lazy. You want to make money learn the apps.
I've seen the videos and read the twitter. Losing favorites are celebrated as if it is a victory for the app! You created a great, updated database which that can be modelled and 'what iffed' to your hearts content and even identify runners and races that fit your selected filters for the day. You didn't rest there though - instead you encourage and sell to users the idea they should be betting by pursuing reversion to mean identified by the app - even specific enough to identify when a 4th favorite is 'due' to win. Why did you need to go there? Maybe I can guess. Whatever the reason you seem to have made that the selling point. You could have basked in the recommendations of those that had their victories using your app to model the data and humbly responded that your app helped them get to the data they wanted. The very first comment you made on this thread (that was incidently created by a forum member asking whether it would help his trading) was to insult one of our members. In fact every one of your posts on this thread has included an insult. You could have taken that opportunity and used it very differently. You've even been extended some advice and invited to give some examples by Euler - and instead this is how you respond.
GBDundee

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:06 pm
GBDundee wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Certainty is..if you ask a question that a videos and/or manual answers. I have made a program to make users money, see twitter or ask someone that uses it, ..don't need to pander to the lazy. You want to make money learn the apps.
I've seen the videos and read the twitter. Losing favorites are celebrated as if it is a victory for the app! You created a great, updated database which that can be modelled and 'what iffed' to your hearts content and even identify runners and races that fit your selected filters for the day. You didn't rest there though - instead you encourage and sell to users the idea they should be betting by pursuing reversion to mean identified by the app - even specific enough to identify when a 4th favorite is 'due' to win. Why did you need to go there? Maybe I can guess. Whatever the reason you seem to have made that the selling point. You could have basked in the recommendations of those that had their victories using your app to model the data and humbly responded that your app helped them get to the data they wanted. The very first comment you made on this thread (that was incidently created by a forum member asking whether it would help his trading) was to insult one of our members. In fact every one of your posts on this thread has included an insult. You could have taken that opportunity and used it very differently. You've even been extended some advice and invited to give some examples by Euler - and instead this is how you respond.
Blah blah same same same.."seen the videos and read the twitter ..and still obviously have no Idea all RSA does.. the time you spent commenting in this post you could have been experts.
jimibt

GBDundee wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:51 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:06 pm
GBDundee wrote:

Blah blah same same same.."seen the videos and read the twitter ..and still obviously have no Idea all RSA does.. the time you spent commenting in this post you could have been experts.
quit the booze!!
Anbell

jimibt wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:10 pm
quit the booze!!
But not just yet...

Return to “Trading Horse racing”