Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Korattt

goat68 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 pm
my biggest problem is my environment, today would have been a good day, just recorded stuff with watching at the same time, nothing to distract me & my reads we’re accurate, this in itself I’ve identified the problem, the problem is now how to get around it.

We live down the bottom of a cul-de-sac & any outside noise totally affects me, (kids playing outside / deaf head next door playing Barry Manilow on loop et al) so I’m gonna have to invest in some high quality NR headphones, haven’t been to the GP but I suspect I may suffer from misophonia or/and phonophobia which if so doesn’t help
you need to be an old git like me with Tinnitus, my brain filters out all noise including the wife shouting "make me a cup of tea" :lol:
I have tinnitus also but have learned to live with it
goat68

Korattt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:58 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:54 pm
Korattt wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 pm
my biggest problem is my environment, today would have been a good day, just recorded stuff with watching at the same time, nothing to distract me & my reads we’re accurate, this in itself I’ve identified the problem, the problem is now how to get around it.

We live down the bottom of a cul-de-sac & any outside noise totally affects me, (kids playing outside / deaf head next door playing Barry Manilow on loop et al) so I’m gonna have to invest in some high quality NR headphones, haven’t been to the GP but I suspect I may suffer from misophonia or/and phonophobia which if so doesn’t help
you need to be an old git like me with Tinnitus, my brain filters out all noise including the wife shouting "make me a cup of tea" :lol:
I have tinnitus also but have learned to live with it
Yes, me too. When I first got it about 6 years ago I was tearing my hair out, the brain is a clever thing to adapt. It's actually surprising how many people have tinnitus.
Kai

adryan87 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:09 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:53 pm
adryan87 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:53 pm
What the hell..i back an odd which was droping and then drifted..i mean,in a couple of seconds...
If yo're blindly following trends don't be surprised if the market baits you in (by design) and then leaves your position in the dust.

That like the first psychological hurdle with preoff, don't get suckered in thinking trends are always your friends :)
So,what is your suggestion?
To try countering big trends!? Dunno why so hell-bent on just following them
adryan87

Yesterday i was on 21 markets...20 green in last one ,a big red,because i doubled my stake after a drift and then let in play..🙁
Kai

adryan87 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:47 am
Yesterday i was on 21 markets...20 green in last one ,a big red,because i doubled my stake after a drift and then let in play..🙁
Good learning opportunity. It's more than acceptable to lose 1 market out of 21, no need to kick up such a fuss about it next time.

Since winning is easy it's how you handle losses and mistakes that defines you, a trader should not fall apart at the first sight of red.
goat68

Being manually trading a handful of trades the last few evenings, and realise I can't recognise an "opportunity" if it's staring me in the face! I understand all the theory, i've watched loads of Peter's videos... and one key message I think is understanding where the other traders are trying to place themselves and opposing their psychology. That's easy to say, "just look where the other traders are", nigh impossible without 20years of experience to do......
goat68

Great comment from Peter "I just needed to be a little better than average to achieve profitability."
Makes perfect sense, however, my best profitability is achieved by trading at "random", if I try and gain an "edge", so as to be "better than average", it actually tends to go the other way...so although I intend to be "better than average", i'm obviously "worse"! Easy, turn the strategy around...well that doesn't work either... so if your strategy is actually "worse than average", you can't flip it (back<->lay) and make it "better" !
Realrocknrolla

goat68 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:30 pm
Being manually trading a handful of trades the last few evenings, and realise I can't recognise an "opportunity" if it's staring me in the face! I understand all the theory, i've watched loads of Peter's videos... and one key message I think is understanding where the other traders are trying to place themselves and opposing their psychology. That's easy to say, "just look where the other traders are", nigh impossible without 20years of experience to do......
Give it time! Lot of negativity lately coming from you. Go back to the positive person. It may help!

A handful of markets won’t help you.

A few hundred may…

Nothing is impossible
goat68

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Give it time! Lot of negativity lately coming from you. Go back to the positive person. It may help!
yeah know what you mean, but it's hard when you've being bashing away at this for 17months
PapaShango

Stay positive, goat68.

https://youtu.be/j-UiDqKhjV4
Kai

PapaShango wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:45 pm
Stay positive, goat68.

https://youtu.be/j-UiDqKhjV4
+1 That's a lovely message, gotta stay positive and excited, the inspirational spark can come from anywhere and at any time :idea:

17 months is not that long Goat, I needed 14 months as well to figure out how I want to trade and to get the consistency I wanted, despite getting PC earlier and going through countless failed strategies on different markets, can't rush or disrespect the process
wearthefoxhat

goat68 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:55 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

yeah know what you mean, but it's hard when you've being bashing away at this for 17months

Project.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goat68

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:28 am
goat68 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Project.png
good one Fox
I struggle mentally with repeated "failure", I do enjoy the automated scripting, there must be something that works! The Betfair chief engineer stated 75% of their volume is "bots" in a recent video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyhx3FNCogA), which means the majority of that 75% must lose! It's interesting how profitability is a fight to take money off each other, doesn't sound healthy in reality! Why can't the whole world just adopt the "Star Trek" no-money model?!
Realrocknrolla

goat68 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:45 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:28 am
goat68 wrote:

Project.png
good one Fox
I struggle mentally with repeated "failure", I do enjoy the automated scripting, there must be something that works! The Betfair chief engineer stated 75% of their volume is "bots" in a recent video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyhx3FNCogA), which means the majority of that 75% must lose! It's interesting how profitability is a fight to take money off each other, doesn't sound healthy in reality! Why can't the whole world just adopt the "Star Trek" no-money model?!
When you originally started, were you value betting?
LeTiss

Do you record your trades? - either screen recording software, or just manually?

I did in the early days.....it was invaluable.
I have a few notepads from 2006-2010, where I jotted down some great trades and some disappointing ones

I also added in additional information....like what I was seeing, feeling, predicting etc.
Over a period of time, I started to get a feel for why prices moved the way they did, when to wait, when to jump in, when to get out
I got a feel for what I was good at, what I was crap at
If you still retain a passion for this, then hang in there!

Remember this superb quote, which I think is perfect for trading...."You don't have to be smarter than the rest, you just have to be more disciplined"

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”