Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
allankane

Thanks Shaun, Goat.

I was keenly aware of the benefits of lots of races from a testing perspective, and profit. It may be as you say Goat that there are less variables, I would assume one dog track is much like another, flat, oval and sandy. I am not sure I buy that is why pice movements are easier to predict. If anything the lack of money should make them more uncertain.

I also seem to have opened up a debate on the rights and wrongs of dog racing. Never really thought of it in those terms before.
ShaunWhite

allankane wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:33 am
I also seem to have opened up a debate on the rights and wrongs of dog racing. Never really thought of it in those terms before.
Wherever animals are being used as a commodity (meat/sport/entertainment) there'll be a few unscrupulous people who only see pound signs, animal welfare is a big enough concern when they're owned as pets. It's just life though unfortunately, pick a topic and there's a few rotten apples spoiling it.

The fact dog racing has even come under scrutiny is entirely down to how useless and ineffective the GBGB have been for decades. If dog racing dies under their watch then they need to worry about their welfare tbh because there'll be a lot of unhappy and unemployed people.
Snaff

Is the Goat still on track? Was always a good read this chat. Should be pinned.
goat68

Snaff wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:53 pm
Hi! So still trucking along, trying new automated strategies, doing ok, but still nothing compared to the "big guys".
Here's Cumulative Profit for this year so far, averaging about £1.5k a month
Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 21.05.49.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaff

Thanks for checking in Goat. Some nice consistent numbers. Glad it’s still paying off for you after all the trial and tribulations 😆👍.
wearthefoxhat

goat68 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:09 pm
Snaff wrote:
Hi! So still trucking along, trying new automated strategies, doing ok, but still nothing compared to the "big guys".
Keep on trucking!

goat.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

goat68 wrote:
Snaff wrote:
Always good to hear from you and get an update. That's an incredibly smooth PNL.
goat68

Anbell wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:59 am
goat68 wrote:
Snaff wrote:
Always good to hear from you and get an update. That's an incredibly smooth PNL.
Thanks, it's just sum of monthly totals, lots of wiggles in between in reality!. One of the key things with trading, keep it simple :-)
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
doing ok, but still nothing compared to the "big guys".
I think that's often the way using tried and tested methods, the big guys innovate. And tbf the big guys have been doing it full time for well over a decade, so for a couple of yesrs part-time you're doing alright.

Most of all I think it shows the value of tick data and a damn good simulator. ;)

(We've just got to get Dave there now, you've done a good job teaching him python/betcode and I'm doing my best with methodology. Looks like a winning formula. :) )

It looks like you're due some refining, that blue line is showing the usual gradual fade towards flatlinging in a few months time.
Realrocknrolla

Best thread of the Forum.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:11 am
goat68 wrote:
doing ok, but still nothing compared to the "big guys".
I think that's often the way using tried and tested methods, the big guys innovate. And tbf the big guys have been doing it full time for well over a decade, so for a couple of yesrs part-time you're doing alright.

Most of all I think it shows the value of tick data and a damn good simulator. ;)

(We've just got to get Dave there now, you've done a good job teaching him python/betcode and I'm doing my best with methodology. Looks like a winning formula. :) )

It looks like you're due some refining, that blue line is showing the usual gradual fade towards flatlinging in a few months time.
So some of the last couple of months includes some "investment" in new strategies! and yes i'm refining as well. January was a bonkers month £3200, so that skews it a bit!
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:22 pm
So some of the last couple of months includes some "investment" in new strategies! and yes i'm refining as well. January was a bonkers month £3200, so that skews it a bit!
I don't include R&D in my PL, that's unnecessarily brutal :)

So you had my money in January then! :evil: I had a lousy Jan and Feb, and then stormed March and April. Zero changes. The market gives what it gives and who knows what effect people coming and going will have.
dm1900

What does your arsenal of strategies look like? are you looking at external data or is it all market based?
beermonsterman

dm1900 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:19 pm
What does your arsenal of strategies look like? are you looking at external data or is it all market based?
Interesting question ?? Would like to know this myself .
goat68

dm1900 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:19 pm
Market, with some external for greyhound, although that's a bit hit and miss

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”