Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Realrocknrolla

I don’t think back testing is a waste of time. But i do think it depends on what strategy/sport you are testing.

Is checking a horse form over a certain period of time back testing?

Is checking if a horse has DOBBED more than 50% of its runs back testing?

Is looking for an average goal time in the last ten meetings of a football match back testing?

I never back test dogs though 😂😂
Cardano

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:08 pm
I don’t think back testing is a waste of time. But i do think it depends on what strategy/sport you are testing.

Is looking for an average goal time in the last ten meetings of a football match back testing?

How many successful strategies have you developed using 'back testing' ?
Realrocknrolla

Cardano wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:28 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Plenty if the rules above apply.

Define a time frame on back testing.

Backtesting allows you to simulate a trading strategy using historical data to generate results and analyse risk and profitability before risking any of your balance. I would recommend paper trading if you find anything that has legs and bin something that doesn’t. Also you have to be honest with yourself going forward otherwise a strategy you are running won’t be true.

As Peter said in his video, he has tweaked and branched off many times. Probably like a lot of us.

I have a Devil Bot. I called it that because it is version 6.66.
Cardano

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:46 pm
Cardano wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Backtesting allows you to simulate a trading strategy using historical data to generate results and analyse risk and profitability before risking any of your balance. I would recommend paper trading if you find anything that has legs and bin something that doesn’t. Also you have to be honest with yourself going forward otherwise a strategy you are running won’t be true.

As Peter said in his video, he has tweaked and branched off many times. Probably like a lot of us.

I would recommend 'forward testing' combined with analysis as Peter advises.
decomez6

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:58 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:35 am
goat68 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:51 am

So i've definitely not left backtesting behind,. The problem is it doesn't make you broaden your mind to other possibilities,
like the little Acorns recommended by weatherfox OR the dutching by mobius grey . with a robust selection process and the staking formulae (square root ).

have you taken them onboard?

The gift that keeps on giving..(2 out of 3 today) ;)

Weth 1.15.png

Dundalk 2.00.png

Weth 4.20.png
Wear-the-fox-hat …apologies for slaughtering your name. I find the little acorns strategy one that has proven all kinds of weather just like a fox :)

the results vary depending on how you define a favourite and at what time you enter the market .

My selection process has now been extended into the in -play trading window. There is more volume and higher levels of participation in this markets and I guess traders have gained more confidence provided by TPD data .
Realrocknrolla

Cardano wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Cardano wrote:

I would recommend back testing on certain strategies. Backtesting is one of the most important aspects of developing a trading system.

If created and interpreted properly, it can help you optimise and improve your strategy, find any technical or theoretical flaws, as well as gain confidence in your strategy before applying it to the live markets.

And again you will be able to manage your risk etc.

Just my opinion. You and Peter have yours.

Good Luck

PS - In one of your earlier post you said that no one would be profitable from backing straight or laying straight… this isn’t the case for me. I have profitable backing and laying strategies.
Cardano

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:30 pm
Cardano wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

I would recommend back testing on certain strategies. Backtesting is one of the most important aspects of developing a trading system.

If created and interpreted properly, it can help you optimise and improve your strategy, find any technical or theoretical flaws, as well as gain confidence in your strategy before applying it to the live markets.

Good Luck

PS - In one of your earlier post you said that no one would be profitable from backing straight or laying straight… this isn’t the case for me. I have profitable backing and laying strategies.
Just to clarify the above comment you need to 'offset; your 'back bets' with a 'lay bet' and vice-versa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
goat68

Cardano wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:00 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Cardano wrote:

Good Luck

Just to clarify the above comment you need to 'offset; your 'back bets' with a 'lay bet' and vice-versa
yep
Realrocknrolla

Cardano wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Cardano wrote:

Good Luck

Sorry I don’t understand what you mean?
Cardano

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:04 pm
Cardano wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Good Luck

What don't you understand !!
I've clarified what I mean with the two attachments
goat68

Cardano wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Cardano wrote:

Good Luck

You're clarifying your comment, not the above I presume?
goat68

Cardano wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Cardano wrote:

What don't you understand !!
I've clarified what I mean with the two attachments
You're hedging, Realrocknrolla is straight back/laying
Cardano

goat68 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:13 pm
Cardano wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:11 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote: