Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
alexmr2

The (now free) pre-off course on sportstradingexposed by Tomas is similar to the mentioned paid ones but I just looked and it seems to have been taken down.

IMO all of those paid courses are outdated for pre-off markets anyway. They don't tell you the full story and miss out some pieces of the puzzle which makes me wonder if they were ever profitable traders in the first place. You can learn a lot more from the free BetAngel videos on Youtube if you go back and find the right ones
alexmr2

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:46 pm
Come to think of it from the few videos I've seen of Jack's they seem to have a similiar trading style
Would that be the style of disproportionately showing all the trades that go right and leaving out the losing ones? :lol:
Euler

One thing about the markets that never changes, is that they are always changing.

I've seen some really stinking advice handed out in recent years. It's just 10-year-old public stuff, put out there again with a new skin and a bit of hype. It's dreadful.

Always the problem with trading is that it's easy to get away with that sort of stuff. Because, even if you give quality advice, it doesn't mean people can follow it. Most of my least liked and watched videos I consider the most valuable lessons.
goat68

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:01 pm
One thing about the markets that never changes, is that they are always changing.

I've seen some really stinking advice handed out in recent years. It's just 10-year-old public stuff, put out there again with a new skin and a bit of hype. It's dreadful.

Always the problem with trading is that it's easy to get away with that sort of stuff. Because, even if you give quality advice, it doesn't mean people can follow it. Most of my least liked and watched videos I consider the most valuable lessons.
I shall do a BetAngel youtube, "sort by least liked"!
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Jack Birkhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZ24x72d9g
Did you know that Caan's first venture was teaming up with Jack?
Proof that you learn something new every day!

Come to think of it from the few videos I've seen of Jack's they seem to have a similiar trading style
Yep, sporadic for sure.

It looks as though he's trying to allow the market to come to him and then scalp when it retraces, by finding the gaps.

In principle, its an ok strategy, but so is swimming in a pool. Just try it the narrow strid in Yorkshire (100% fatality rate).
Euler

I think it actually would show you the state of mind of people on social media. Popular content needs to be somewhat clickbaity, it seems most people just want simple answers to complex problems. There are plenty of people willing to produce that to profit from people's naivety.

Thanks to the 'AI' that social media deploys, it becomes an echo chamber of terrible ideas and people ready to fulfil them. It's not something I can do, just from an ethical perspective. I have to make content appealing, but there is a line I just can't cross.

If you look at how some people use social media, they are really playing that angle hard. Really stoking emotional responses to get clicks. It's a very common tactic nowadays and why I just stick to using it for my our purpose. As soon as you get sucked into the rabbit hole, it's hard to escape if you engage on like for like terms.

It's quite revealing though as over time that sort of behaviour revealed to me where I should be in the market. You learn that a statistical approach is OK, but use a bit of psychology to look deep into the market to understand where opportunities are most likely to be. Things like the gamblers fallacy sit astride this concept well.
Euler

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:55 pm
The (now free) pre-off course on sportstradingexposed by Tomas is similar to the mentioned paid ones but I just looked and it seems to have been taken down.
I liked a lot of what Thomas did. You could tell he actually did it from the way he presented the videos and his contant. So it's a shame it's been pulled.

I did a quick search this morning and everything has gone. His site, YouTube channel, social media accounts etc.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:29 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Jack Birkhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZ24x72d9g
Did you know that Caan's first venture was teaming up with Jack?
Proof that you learn something new every day!

Never bothered to look at their long-winded collab sessions but have them stored somewhere. In fairness CB did have some good scalping videos and covered that area well but don't recall a single proper swing trade video.

I thought that video Peter did earlier this year was a bit strange, sounded like a deliberate diss of CB and his trading style, kept saying how easy it was to do and how no skill whatsoever was involved etc :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tzkuq ... l=BetAngel

But from the racing courses out there I actually rated Tomas so have to agree with that one, looks a good order flow trader. Trading material usually doesn't last long online, for one reason or another.
Emmson

Who is this guy taking shots at and is he justified?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-f8MVpbt5M&t=3590s
Kai

Emmson wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:41 pm
Who is this guy taking shots at and is he justified?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-f8MVpbt5M&t=3590s
Wasn't there a thread about it earlier this year : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23042
Emmson

I missed that Kai but will persuse that thread and then dip into the vid.
Euler

Kai wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:58 pm
I thought that video Peter did earlier this year was a bit strange, sounded like a deliberate diss of CB and his trading style, kept saying how easy it was to do and how no skill whatsoever was involved etc :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tzkuq ... l=BetAngel
Not sure how you thought that? It was an explanation of a trading style, that's all.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:58 pm
Not sure how you thought that? It was an explanation of a trading style, that's all.
Probably because that was his bread and butter approach apparently :) Placing exits first on either side and waiting for the price to reach them, no speculation whatsoever on price direction.
Euler

That's interesting, I never knew that. That used to be the core strategy I demonstrated at my courses way back when they started, but I expanded onwards and upwards from there. I've thought that strategy was common knowledge for years now.
adryan87

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm
I think this sums up the quality of advice on offer...

Question: How much money do I need as a bank?

Answer: As the money is never at risk, the bank size is up to you.
So,this is not true?😅😅😅 If my bank is 100u and i trade with 10% or 5% or 2%,prerace,and i set a stop-loss let's at 10 or 20% ,how could be my bank at a risk??? But of course,some guys from here are think they are smartest on the Earth.. And ok,here are free stuff,but are general..

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”