Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
goat68

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:33 pm
Actually, I really don't understand the obsession with the prerace market, it must be a British thing, lul, and most of us foreigners that I talked to feel the same. The only good thing about the market for me is that it's nicely compressed inside a few hours and the markets keep coming one after another in an orderly fashion (when they're not clashing!) so no real need to actively look around for opportunities.

I do get that the Bet Angel Youtube channel is probably the first thing that pops up for the average newcomer and most published content on there is about the prerace market, but still, can't help but feel people are being very stubborn about it.

It's like, every footballer wants to play in the Premier League obviously, but unless you have bags of natural ability then you may need to be patient and may need to make your debut in the Championship or League One first, before trying to push yourself to get to the Premier League level. Maybe even a short loan to the Conference level would be a good career move??

And if English football is not for you, then it's not like Premier League is the only league that pays well, it may be the most competitive and exciting one, but other top leagues do exist as well, y'know :D In some leagues you don't even need to do much running at all, if you look at Lionel Messi casually strolling about most of the time, but that's someone who knows how to take advantage of good opportunities and boy does he get paid well to do it.
So I can't remember which video of the 100s I've watched, nor whether it was one of Peters or CaanB, but there is one description which points out horse racing has a figure of 80% I think for compressed volume, compared to football something like 40%, and I can't quite remember the point but it implied horses had a destinct advantage due to this in terms of trading value... Peter was it one of your videos, I'll have to have a search because it was an interesting point....if only I could remember it!!!!!?
goat68

Blimey just traded Rock Sound Chelm 18:15, and it ripped me apart swinging from 2.3 back up to 2.7, as usual I traded out for a loss at 2.6
Should not have attempted that one far too volatile
goat68

Blimey it hit 3, good thing I got out... Predicted that one all wrong!
goat68

By the way my mental thought on trading it was it was sitting at 2.5 and I reckoned most traders will think this is going to bounce, also the ladder showed backing at 5mins, the typical as soon as the price went out 4 ticks it snapped back down with backers....
But the sentiment changed at 3mins
goat68

I think when trading a horse sub 3.0 I need to ignore the .02 and look more at the .1 scale as the price zooms up and down 5 ticks in sub-second bursts...
goat68

Chelm 19:15 No Trade
Just thought I'd make that point 😂
Classic 2 horse see-saw race, no way to know who will win
Maturin

Goat, do you mean the 18:45? Those two-horse races I find I can trade relatively well. They can be volatile, so you have to pick a decent entry, but often the two selections will reverse (not always of course), so that the 2nd fav ends up as the fav.

Still a slight losing day for me though...
goat68

FFS market beat me up Chelm 19:45, I was watching ladder too closely again trying to read it, saw all the money going against me so switch direction, of course the market went the other way.... All today's profit gone :-(

Must remember ignore ladder money, ignore charts, so what the hell can I base a trade on??
goat68

My only basis for a trade is chart patterns it seems
goat68

Ok last race of the day, Chelm 20:15, chart pattern at the minute is a clear drift on the fav
Will look for entry if confirmed sub 10min
Maturin

Hi Goat yes I got pushed out of the market even though my original idea was correct. Would have been a nice trade. It's a fine line between bailing out and riding it out!

I'm currently on the drift on the fave in the 20:15 - redeeming myself a little (so far).
Derek27

goat68 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm
FFS market beat me up Chelm 19:45,
Recreational gamblers get immensely frustrated when the horse they back falls at the last when clear but professionals or punters/traders that want to adopt a professional attitude have to take it in their stride and accept it will happen frequently. Nobody bats an eyelid when three buses pull up at the same stop. If the market goes badly against you just look at the chart, recall what you were thinking and use the benefit of hindsight to improve your opening positions.

FFS should be removed from the trader's vocabulary when talking about your own trading or other traders playing within the rules. :)
Trader Pat

goat68 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm
Must remember ignore ladder money, ignore charts, so what the hell can I base a trade on??
I don't know where you got the idea to ignore ladder money but that's a fundamental error when trading horse racing markets, 90% of your focus should be on the ladder of the runner you're trading.
goat68

Hmmm well that was wrong 🤣🤣🤣
Again I thought ladder confirmed my lay at 5mins, it didn't!
Maturin

When I said I was redeeming myself.....I lied :o

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”