Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
goat68

Another healthy greyhound day developing:
Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 19.17.35.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

Your very welcome. A simple lead-up sample starting-point DB T1, T2, T4 & T5, or DB T1, T2 & T3 UK EIRE markets ONLY. No other variables, in, out, etc ...
goat68

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:51 pm
Your very welcome. A simple lead-up sample starting-point DB T1, T2, T4 & T5, or DB T1, T2 & T3 UK EIRE markets ONLY. No other variables, in, out, etc ...
So DB="double bend" ?
T1.. Trap 1 ?
The Silk Run

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:34 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:51 pm
So DB="double bend" ?
T1.. Trap 1 ?
Dutch BACK , and T1 Trap 1 G ;)
goat68

Another strong day underway for bot, already +£25 today
The Silk Run

goat68 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm
Kool, nice one. Let's hope it remains consistent G ;)
goat68

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:18 pm
goat68 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:52 pm
Kool, nice one. Let's hope it remains consistent G ;)
Thanks SilkRun, feeling confident :-)
Today ended a good one
Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 21.53.46.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Darn, this is where you all are.. was wondering where all my thread followers had gone!
:) You've held people's attention for quite a while.

I was just having a look back at this time last year (page 133 ish), you'd probably find it interesting to re-read the whole year knowing what you know now.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 am
goat68 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Darn, this is where you all are.. was wondering where all my thread followers had gone!
:) You've held people's attention for quite a while.

I was just having a look back at this time last year (page 133 ish), you'd probably find it interesting to re-read the whole year knowing what you know now.
Yes, i've just re-read some pages, gosh I do appear clueless looking back on it knowing what I know now !
Anbell

goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 am
Yes, i've just re-read some pages, gosh I do appear clueless looking back on it knowing what I know now !
I mean this in the nicest possible way but you're going to have a similar reaction in 12 months time.
Kai

Anbell wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:04 am
goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:57 am
I mean this in the nicest possible way but you're going to have a similar reaction in 12 months time.
Indeed, a ways to go still. The learning never stops really since the markets evolve over time, but I would say that obtaining a bit of knowledge is the easier part compared to actually utilizing it.

Keep learning Goaty 👍
goat68

Greyhound bot on a storming day today +£30 :-)
goat68

I've being doing some data analysis and backtesting on UK horses pre-race, using good old horse and jockey form, and modelling of sorts. It's a lot more difficult than dogs...! But unsurprisingly whatever I try based on previous horse & jockey form, ends up breakeven at best, even with the best execution I can find.
I'm not surprised really, it's the obvious thing to do, and the obvious things are never profitable. My dog bot uses a rather different angle on things, and hence why I hope it has legs... Takes 100s of iterations and thoughts to find something others might not have, which is what this game is all about. Pre-race UK horses everyone is at, and have thought of everything, so finding that unique difference that not many other have is going to be VERY VERY HARD!
Hence, everyone is jumping in-play nowadays, as pre-race is too hard, but then that will become the same, and eventually the markets will become a straight line :lol: :lol: :lol:
goat68

So 100s/1000s of hours of work over 2years and i've found 1 bot that may make £200 a month or £6 a day, LIDL pay £10 for an hour!
Hence: You have to be in this game for the fun and not the money
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:21 pm
I've being doing some data analysis and backtesting on UK horses pre-race, using good old horse and jockey form, and modelling of sorts. It's a lot more difficult than dogs...! But unsurprisingly whatever I try based on previous horse & jockey form, ends up breakeven at best, even with the best execution I can find.
I'm not surprised really, it's the obvious thing to do, and the obvious things are never profitable. My dog bot uses a rather different angle on things, and hence why I hope it has legs... Takes 100s of iterations and thoughts to find something others might not have, which is what this game is all about. Pre-race UK horses everyone is at, and have thought of everything, so finding that unique difference that not many other have is going to be VERY VERY HARD!
Hence, everyone is jumping in-play nowadays, as pre-race is too hard, but then that will become the same, and eventually the markets will become a straight line :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't get hung up on finding something unique. There's plenty to be had just doing the same as lots of other people because there's always enough disagreement and varying objectives in the ecosystems. The day you see markets that are absolutely static for hours is the day this game dies and that's never going to happen. So long as markets move there's money to be had.

Just because you can't find much doesn't mean it's not there. Maybe you're still missing something, maybe you're still doing something wrong or underestimating certain subtleties? That's hard to gauge when there's nobody actually seeing what we're doing. Sadly the bottom line is that if we fail we've got nobody or nothing to blame but ourselves and that's actually the hardest part.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”