Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Emmson

I missed that Kai but will persuse that thread and then dip into the vid.
Euler

Kai wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:58 pm
I thought that video Peter did earlier this year was a bit strange, sounded like a deliberate diss of CB and his trading style, kept saying how easy it was to do and how no skill whatsoever was involved etc :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tzkuq ... l=BetAngel
Not sure how you thought that? It was an explanation of a trading style, that's all.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm
Kai wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:58 pm
I thought that video Peter did earlier this year was a bit strange, sounded like a deliberate diss of CB and his trading style, kept saying how easy it was to do and how no skill whatsoever was involved etc :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tzkuq ... l=BetAngel
Not sure how you thought that? It was an explanation of a trading style, that's all.
Probably because that was his bread and butter approach apparently :) Placing exits first on either side and waiting for the price to reach them, no speculation whatsoever on price direction.
Euler

That's interesting, I never knew that. That used to be the core strategy I demonstrated at my courses way back when they started, but I expanded onwards and upwards from there. I've thought that strategy was common knowledge for years now.
adryan87

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm
I think this sums up the quality of advice on offer...

Question: How much money do I need as a bank?

Answer: As the money is never at risk, the bank size is up to you.
So,this is not true?😅😅😅 If my bank is 100u and i trade with 10% or 5% or 2%,prerace,and i set a stop-loss let's at 10 or 20% ,how could be my bank at a risk??? But of course,some guys from here are think they are smartest on the Earth.. And ok,here are free stuff,but are general..
Trader Pat

adryan87 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm
I think this sums up the quality of advice on offer...

Question: How much money do I need as a bank?

Answer: As the money is never at risk, the bank size is up to you.
So,this is not true?😅😅😅 If my bank is 100u and i trade with 10% or 5% or 2%,prerace,and i set a stop-loss let's at 10 or 20% ,how could be my bank at a risk??? But of course,some guys from here are think they are smartest on the Earth.. And ok,here are free stuff,but are general..

My comment is more focused on the "As the money is never at risk" part of the answer. There's no such thing as a risk free trade so there's always some money at risk.

That answer makes it sound like trading is risk free, which I suppose is why so many people get sucked into buying this kind of rubbish.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:26 pm
My comment is more focused on the "As the money is never at risk" part of the answer.
It's just poor commication skills, Re banks I think he's just trying to say that money isn't at risk.......and fails to say "....although a smaller amount is". ie just calling it "the" money rather than distinguishing between your bank and your risk. Not defending the guy but you can go through anyones vids with a fine toothed comb and find something or other that's a bit ify especially with none of them being trained educators.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:31 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:26 pm
My comment is more focused on the "As the money is never at risk" part of the answer.
It's just poor commication skills, Re banks I think he's just trying to say that money isn't at risk.......and fails to say "....although a smaller amount is". ie just calling it "the" money rather than distinguishing between your bank and your risk. Not defending the guy but you can go through anyones vids with a fine toothed comb and find something or other that's a bit ify especially with none of them being trained educators.
If you took that comment in isolation then you could be right but looking through his entire website makes me believe its just the usual BS.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:33 pm
If you took that comment in isolation then you could be right but looking through his entire website makes me believe its just the usual BS.
Fair enough. Life's too short and I don't care enough to check if you're right. ;)
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:33 pm
Fair enough. Life's too short and I don't care enough to check if you're right. ;)
A good motto to live life by :)
goat68

The last few days i've been backtesting some Dutching strategies, I was doing some analysis and testing on a 1month sample, managed to get a selection process that made some profit over that 1 month, then tried it on 5months worth, -£456 !! Tried all the sorts of selections processes I've read about and some I made up:
- Various combinations of selections by Hcap, Mdn, Nov, ...
- dutch % 40-65
- number of selections or % of runners
- selections top 40-65 %
- then tried 2/3/4thfav-> selections, which was better. This worked out best ie.the value variation in the bottom half of the field showed more value potential.
- by min/max price

It does make me think any strategy that is widely talked about on YouTube, Blogs, etc.. is not worth it long term, eg.Dutching, B2L, L2B, etc..!
goat68

It's nice and quite fun that i've got a scripted setup for testing these ideas quickly, which means I can analyse and plough through quite a lot of ideas, especially on a Spot request EC2 c5 large machine!
Korattt

“trading, what I see”

.. what do I see?, a lot more than I used to, I see the market these days as a kettle on a stove, imagining the kettle full of volume not water, sooner or later the kettle will sing, it’s at that plus point something could, (not should) happen 📉📈
goat68

Korattt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm
“trading, what I see”

.. what do I see?, a lot more than I used to, I see the market these days as a kettle on a stove, imagining the kettle full of volume not water, sooner or later the kettle will sing, it’s at that plus point something could, (not should) happen 📉📈
You're basically saying wait for the "opportunity" ?
goat68

Korattt wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:26 pm
“trading, what I see”

So dissecting this a bit, so in essence Dutch when you detect "value breadth" on a set of runners.. not sure if that is even possible?!

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”