Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
vhdgkl

The hardest thing of all is to be focused.

If you are not focused you will lose..everything is built to make you lose..there are few moments when the pressure of money on more horses can be exploited..most of the time it is noise..if you put money on noise, they will turn the price against you immediately.
You can only put money when a horse's market is not manipulable ..find those points there.

Sitting and waiting, even for hours...very difficult.
goat68

vhdgkl wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 pm

If you are not focused you will lose..everything is built to make you lose..there are few moments when the pressure of money on more horses can be exploited..most of the time it is noise..if you put money on noise, they will turn the price against you immediately.
You can only put money when a horse's market is not manipulable ..find those points there.

Thanks, you sound as though you know the markets very well. I must admit however, you make it sound impossible to me! It's sounds a difficult environment to trade manually as you describe it, and what you would suggest is near impossible to automate...?
vhdgkl

goat68 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:37 pm
vhdgkl wrote:

Thanks, you sound as though you know the markets very well. I must admit however, you make it sound impossible to me! It's sounds a difficult environment to trade manually as you describe it, and what you would suggest is near impossible to automate...?
I don't know how to use computers... this is my biggest limitation.
I don't know if bots work...at the current level of development they might not be that great...but I'm not so sure.

I'm pretty sure that the goldmine is excel..excel allows you to do research, which is what good traders do.
goat68

vhdgkl wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:50 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:37 pm
vhdgkl wrote:

I don't know how to use computers... this is my biggest limitation.
I don't know if bots work...at the current level of development they might not be that great...but I'm not so sure.

I'm pretty sure that the goldmine is excel..excel allows you to do research, which is what good traders do.
Thanks I appreciate your honest comments. I've been looking through my bot's logs for this weekend as I output quite a lot of log information, and i've made some alterations, which I feel confident about. So we shall see how it does this week.
Cheers
Goat
goat68

This weeks bot results:
Markets: 52
Strike Rate: 30% (oh!)
Net: -£4.06
goat68

So my tweaked bot is off to a great start to the week today:
14 markets
StrikeRate: 71%
Realrocknrolla

goat68 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:14 pm
So my tweaked bot is off to a great start to the week today:
14 markets
StrikeRate: 71%
Well done!
goat68

A profitable week :D :D
Races: 61
Strike Rate: 50%
Net: +£4.55
PnLChart.jpg
The Silk Run

Well done G, it's a GOOD signal ;)
puntinrolls

nice work goat
rik

vhdgkl wrote:

bit negative?
im sure there are hundreds of ways to be consistently profitable on the horses, everyone has tunnel vision starting out, im sure other guys have completely different approaches to me and its working for them
Trader724

goat68 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:00 pm
A profitable week :D :D
Races: 61
Strike Rate: 50%
Net: +£4.55
PnLChart.jpg
👍
Trader Pat

rik wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:01 am
vhdgkl wrote:

bit negative?
im sure there are hundreds of ways to be consistently profitable on the horses, everyone has tunnel vision starting out, im sure other guys have completely different approaches to me and its working for them

Noise isn't the enemy, there's plenty of money to be made trading the noise. Trick is to be able to tell the difference between the noise and real money.
vhdgkl

Hi..

There are 2 3 things that came to mind when looking at the horse markets.

The first is a strategy idea...I'm waiting for the favourite to be just under the incremental point.1 or 2 ticks..for example 3.95 3.9..there are still a few horses left to enter the stalls and the starting time has expired.
At that point in time, taking the odds above 4 is too inconvenient, because there are no traders putting money in now.only bettors are left.
It's better to lower the odds...
Two or three ticks, no more of course.
It's a good place to bet to back 2 3 ticks lower.

The thing that I find hard to understand is that a couple of minutes before the start the big money comes in..you can see it immediately.
About 2 minutes before the start...
and you start to see the price move seriously, not with the false liquidity of the minutes before...
What's going on? Why is there suddenly so much money coming in? What I mean is that the increase in money should be gradual, but there is an exact moment when it all starts... what is happening? Who has come up with the idea of creating all this chaos in one second? Is there some precise event that takes place and starts everything?

Ty
Anbell

vhdgkl wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:33 pm
Hi..

There are 2 3 things that came to mind when looking at the horse markets.

The first is a strategy idea...I'm waiting for the favourite to be just under the incremental point.1 or 2 ticks..for example 3.95 3.9..there are still a few horses left to enter the stalls and the starting time has expired.
At that point in time, taking the odds above 4 is too inconvenient, because there are no traders putting money in now.only bettors are left.
It's better to lower the odds...
Two or three ticks, no more of course.
It's a good place to bet to back 2 3 ticks lower.

The thing that I find hard to understand is that a couple of minutes before the start the big money comes in..you can see it immediately.
About 2 minutes before the start...
and you start to see the price move seriously, not with the false liquidity of the minutes before...
What's going on? Why is there suddenly so much money coming in? What I mean is that the increase in money should be gradual, but there is an exact moment when it all starts... what is happening? Who has come up with the idea of creating all this chaos in one second? Is there some precise event that takes place and starts everything?

Ty
It's often the finish of the previous race.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”