Turn off your monkey brain: Don't go In play

The sport of kings.
The Silk Run

Bet Angels Risky SUNAK. Live dangerously IP ...
Anbell

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:52 am
Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am
I've seen a bunch of threads recently about people struggling not to go in play.

Firstly, don't go in-play. It's stupid and will always blow up your bank. There are a million posts on this thread why that will happen.

Secondly, if you don't trust your monkey brain, install this safety from Dallas.
viewtopic.php?t=15199

I use it every race on every meeting on every computer (as a safety, not to save me from my monkey brain)

Please: use this and save us all from the all the 'I'm a dunce, I blew up my bank, I need to work on my psychology' posts.

Here it is again: viewtopic.php?t=15199
I think the thread you're referring to is the one by Newcomer where he talks about his struggles with not being able to stop himself going in play. Unfortunately Anbell your post here shows you have no idea where he's coming from and like most who haven't experienced this problem its impossible to understand it. A safety servant will not stop you going in play if you really want to. I've been there, the urge to do it is completely irrational most of the time and before, during and after you do it it makes no sense at all and you cant explain why you did it. I and others reached out and told our stories of overcoming it so he knows its possible to do.

One of the things I love about this forum is that people can post about the issues holding them back, whether its technical, mental or something else and generally get some positive feedback or advice. As many others have said if you don't like a thread on the forum nobody is forcing you to read it.
I apologise if it was taken this way, the post was meant to be ADVICE about using a safety, not tut-tutting.
Trader Pat

Anbell wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:27 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:52 am
Anbell wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am
I've seen a bunch of threads recently about people struggling not to go in play.

Firstly, don't go in-play. It's stupid and will always blow up your bank. There are a million posts on this thread why that will happen.

Secondly, if you don't trust your monkey brain, install this safety from Dallas.
viewtopic.php?t=15199

I use it every race on every meeting on every computer (as a safety, not to save me from my monkey brain)

Please: use this and save us all from the all the 'I'm a dunce, I blew up my bank, I need to work on my psychology' posts.

Here it is again: viewtopic.php?t=15199
I think the thread you're referring to is the one by Newcomer where he talks about his struggles with not being able to stop himself going in play. Unfortunately Anbell your post here shows you have no idea where he's coming from and like most who haven't experienced this problem its impossible to understand it. A safety servant will not stop you going in play if you really want to. I've been there, the urge to do it is completely irrational most of the time and before, during and after you do it it makes no sense at all and you cant explain why you did it. I and others reached out and told our stories of overcoming it so he knows its possible to do.

One of the things I love about this forum is that people can post about the issues holding them back, whether its technical, mental or something else and generally get some positive feedback or advice. As many others have said if you don't like a thread on the forum nobody is forcing you to read it.
I apologise if it was taken this way, the post was meant to be ADVICE about using a safety, not tut-tutting.
Same I probably overreacted a touch.

After having that issue myself it can be annoying when people dismiss it and say just dont do it! Its a bit like like telling a smoker to just stop smoking. ;)
Kai

When you're staring at a loss and the market is about to go inplay

Naffman

Kai wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:17 pm
When you're staring at a loss and the market is about to go inplay

:lol: :lol:
speedyhamster

Kai wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Just saying that the brain can sometimes forget that all these warning are in the context of prerace, the full version would be "Don't go inplay, if you are trading prerace".
or

"Don't go inplay, if you are trading prerace, except if you have full green and want to hedge inplay to potentially increase profit"
abgespaced

Perhaps for those of you struggling to avoid going IP, you should avoid trading pre-race completely and start trading IP instead.
wearthefoxhat

abgespaced wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:23 pm
Perhaps for those of you struggling to avoid going IP, you should avoid trading pre-race completely and start trading IP instead.
Yep, In-Play is different altogether...you need a Great White Shark brain. (most successful predator)
abgespaced

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:16 am
abgespaced wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:23 pm
Yep, In-Play is different altogether...you need a Great White Shark brain. (most successful predator)
Or just get good at reading patterns ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”