Getting odds near to bsp in running

The sport of kings.
CWALTON43

Hi does anyone know a way of getting odds similar to bsp long term over 1000's of bets in running?

Someone told me try placing half the stake at 80% and half at 125% but I have tried this and not getting close to bsp on average as 125% is not taken enough.

Anyone have any other ideas which have been tested?
CWALTON43

Does nobody have an answer to this pls?
Dallas

Would it not be easier just to take BSP with a pre-off bet?

Or is there some in-play condition that needs satisfying before you then place the bet at the BSP?
CWALTON43

there are conditions I need to see a second after the race has started to see if I play or not? Any ideas
Jukebox

The surest way of getting close to BSP is place a bet pre off out of the money and marking it to take BSP
Once the race is underway BSP is really just history. If your intention is to see how the race develops and then want BSP based on the good or bad progress of a chosen runner that will be the one least likely to be available at that price.
jimibt

CWALTON43 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:36 am
there are conditions I need to see a second after the race has started to see if I play or not? Any ideas
crazy idea here, but as a workaround, could you not place the bet pre race (to takesp) and exit immediately (IP) if the conditions aren't met. in no way a perfect sceanrio and would depend on how often your conditions are on average met. the %ages that you mentioned in the OP seem very arbitary to me, so am not sure if there would ever be a formula that would give you your answer with any degree of accuracy. if your strategy is based on BSP, then even a small deviation from that could make it a losing strategy.
CWALTON43

yeah i'm testing the cashout idea at the moment but not enough data so far. Thanks

Return to “Trading Horse racing”