Enough is enough - time to admit defeat.

The sport of kings.
xtrader16

Well after 5 years trading horse racing markets it's time to admit defeat. For the first 3.5 years I was trading In running horses and was making £100 a day but with an unreasonalble risk attached. So after a while I switched to Pre Racing markets which I thought would be too difficult to figure out and I was right.

I must of tried every graph and data analysis going. Ive made progress and gone backwards so many times I cannot remember. I've heard all the advice going. I understand what the over round is and how it works. I've used MACD signals on multilple time frames and I've used excel files to record everything under the sun.

So now what Im going to do is record my markets and put them up on a new You Tube channel in the hope of showing people how not to trade. I've joined 2-3 trading groups but they seem very clicky and nobody provides you with anything you can positivly use.

This has been a complete and utter failure. I can make money on football markets quite well but it was the Horse Racing I was determind to master but I just dont understand how it can be monitored across the market.

Thanks & Goodbye & Good Luck.

I know that for the peole who have figured it out you might think its not that difficult to do but if you dont know you dont know.
Trader Pat

Sorry to hear that but respect to you for being honest with yourself. Some people are better suited to sports other than horse racing and its better to be honest and admit its just not for you.

Good luck going forward
Dallas

Certain sports just suit certain mindsets differently, there's nothing to say you have to trade racing or any specific sport.
If football is working for you there's nothing wrong with sticking to that and even putting more energy into it now you don't have racing as a distraction.
Derek27

Sorry to hear that xtrader. I'm fairly consistently profitable on pre-off horse racing but I still think it's not one of the easiest sports to trade and I'm spending more time on football. Five years is a pretty good try so perhaps you'd be better off sticking to what you trade best.
smallplayer

Put all your energy into something else now and you might be glad pre off didn't work out. GL
xtrader16

Thanks for the resposnses.

You'd be surprised how much I actually know. I just cant put it all together. Not sure wether the people who trade Horse Racing have been told what to do by somebody else or they have learnt the hard way. It quite demoralising trading alone, having nobody to bounce ideas off.

Question for Dallas: Would Bet Angel have any issues with me having a You Tube channel that advises traders where trades go wrong. I would only do it if BA didnt have any issues with it.
Last edited by xtrader16 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spreadbetting

In hindsight if I was starting out now I wouldn't bother with the nags. If you're winning on the football stick with it and look for other opportunities, probably a blessing in disguise you don't have to do the daily grind on the horses.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:04 pm

You'd be surprised how much I actually know. I just cant put it all together. Not sure wether the people who trade Horse Racing have been told what to do by somebody else or they have learnt the hard way. It quite demoralising trading alone, having nobody to bounce ideas off.

Question for Dallas: Would Bet Angel have any issues with me having a You Tube channel that advises traderss where trades go wrong. I would only do it if BA didnt have any issues with it.
I understand where you're coming from but I'm not sure traders would need advice on where trades go wrong. Most traders begin as experts with a 90% strike-rate of trades that go wrong. ;)
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 pm
In hindsight if I was starting out now I wouldn't bother with the nags. If you're winning on the football stick with it and look for other opportunities, probably a blessing in disguise you don't have to do the daily grind on the horses.
I've been betting on horses since the age of eight and came into trading without even considering any other sport. Looking back, it was quite a waste of opportunities.
smallplayer

xtrader16 wrote:

You'd be surprised how much I actually know. I just cant put it all together.
Maybe you know too much and are overcomplicating it for yourself. Got to always remember a horse on a ladder can only do 3 things..go up, go down or stay the same..2 of those outcomes are ok. :D
spreadbetting

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:18 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 pm
I've been betting on horses since the age of eight and came into trading without even considering any other sport. Looking back, it was quite a waste of opportunities.
I think alot of us fell into trading horses because that was our first experience of betting. My first ever bet was on a Lester Piggott horse as a student, he was the only jockey I'd ever heard of. Because that won I thought betting was an easy way to make a living :)
Xeres

xtrader16 wrote:

You'd be surprised how much I actually know. I just cant put it all together.

Question for Dallas: Would Bet Angel have any issues with me having a You Tube channel that advises traders where trades go wrong. I would only do it if BA didnt have any issues with it.

Have you ever thought about trying to automate your trading strategies? I also found trading quite difficult because I was second guessing all my own decisions, I don't like just 'knowing' or 'feeling' something is going to happen without something that I can measure - so I can quantify the uncertainty etc. I ended up sticking with placing simple back bets since I can automate it, all I need to think about now is the underlying strategy.
The only way I could trade would be algorithmically.
xtrader16 wrote:

It quite demoralising trading alone, having nobody to bounce ideas off.

I also found this to be an issue and still do, I was up until midnight last night working on a strategy, just trying to make sense of what the numbers mean and if I can do anything with it. I've had many eureka moments only to realise later that I made an error which is the danger when you are the maker and checker of your own work.
xtrader16

Im going to go back to practise account and start again from scratch.

I'm not sure why we dont have a Twitter account that people can engage in that is private and for only people in the forum. It would be for people who are still learning if people who are highly profitable wanted to join that is fine as well.
to75ne

xtrader16 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:33 pm

'm not sure why we dont have a Twitter account that people can engage in that is private and for only people in the forum. It would be for people who are still learning if people who are highly profitable wanted to join that is fine as well.
does that not defeat one of the leading purposes of this forum?
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:54 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:33 pm

'm not sure why we dont have a Twitter account that people can engage in that is private and for only people in the forum. It would be for people who are still learning if people who are highly profitable wanted to join that is fine as well.
does that not defeat one of the leading purposes of this forum?
I was gonna say the same thing. I don't even have a Twitter account (I wish I did now so I could abuse Trump and co) but you can share information and opinion just as easily on here.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”