Trading AW - different market conditions

The sport of kings.
kamil2402

Hi everyone. Just wanted to know your thoughts on trading AW races. I seem to do well on certain days or times of day but I underperform severely on AW races. I would not say its due to lower liquidity and thus higher volatility as its often argued. For instance today the AW races were quiet liquid but they felt so different to the day markets, they were slower and just felt 'weird'. Any thoughts why this happens?
Tetras

kamil2402 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:47 pm
Hi everyone. Just wanted to know your thoughts on trading AW races. I seem to do well on certain days or times of day but I underperform severely on AW races. I would not say its due to lower liquidity and thus higher volatility as its often argued. For instance today the AW races were quiet liquid but they felt so different to the day markets, they were slower and just felt 'weird'. Any thoughts why this happens?
They do trade differently, for sure. My guess is they feel slower because there's a bigger gap between the races, but in my opinion they are more volatile, even though volumes are actually often higher than afternoon races.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”