Genuine Money

The sport of kings.
jkminor1000

Maybe its just my old brain getting slower but has anyone noticed that the genuine money is only coming into market closer and closer to the off time? Mid week racing in particular, I know winter racing is not usually the best but I don't remember it been like this. I don't think I have taking a position in the market outside the 3 minute mark in the last 4 weeks....
TraderFred

Yeah it sure feels that way. The moves are getting later and later. Big moves happening when they are already going in the stalls.

Horse markets feel almost like greyhound markets now. Seems like there are almost as many races too, it’s relentless. One race finishes, next race starts.
jkminor1000

TraderFred wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:24 pm
Yeah it sure feels that way. The moves are getting later and later. Big moves happening when they are already going in the stalls.

Horse markets feel almost like greyhound markets now. Seems like there are almost as many races too, it’s relentless. One race finishes, next race starts.
Improved slightly as the afternoon went on but still a huge amount of really late moves out there. Its actually quite interesting, the late moves provide a big opportunity to my style of trading but on the other side you do not want to become to dependent on them as its not guaranteed to happen. Iv had some good success with a bit of trial and error with small stakes on them over the last few weeks but Ill stick to what I know best for the main part.

On your other point, yes its very much market to market these days although there are some courses now where Id be lucky to trade 1 max 2 races on them each day.
goat68

TraderFred wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:24 pm

I've certainly noticed the 2minute mark is very frantic...
Trying to wait for the 'money' to arrive but get out before the market loses shape in the last minute, doesn't leave much time for a swing trade!
TraderFred

Seen recently what could be considered a large ‘swing’ trade happen after the scheduled post time in the minutes/seconds before the race actually goes off.

Though seeing it in a chart after it has happened is one thing, seeing it in real time and being able to take advantage of it is quite another.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”