Bet cancellation

The sport of kings.
eminbe

Hi
If I bet on a horse and something happened like the horse was withdrawn from the race or didn't/couldn't complete the race or the jockey fell from his/her horse burning the race. Will the bet be cancelled? any links you could provide would be useful.
Regards
Tetras

If the horse is withdrawn prior to the race, the bet is void and your stake is refunded.

If the horse: refuses to race (e.g. stays in the stalls, or stands still at the start), doesn't complete the course (e.g. runs off to the car park), or the jockey falls, your bet will be a loser (stake is lost).

BF provide the rules under "rules & regulations", click it and scroll to the link for your sport.
Derek27

eminbe wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi
If I bet on a horse and something happened like the horse was withdrawn from the race or didn't/couldn't complete the race or the jockey fell from his/her horse burning the race. Will the bet be cancelled? any links you could provide would be useful.
Regards
You've got a lot to learn. ;)
eminbe

Cool thanks for the info, is there a limit on the betting stake, how much could you bet up to in Betfair? and if there is a limit could I get it increased?
Jukebox

eminbe wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:35 pm
Cool thanks for the info, is there a limit on the betting stake, how much could you bet up to in Betfair? and if there is a limit could I get it increased?
Have you been at the Christmas Sherry early Eminbe?

If you don't know the limit you clearly haven't found it or had problems - rest assured it is limited at least by the funds you have available when you place it.
Dallas

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:03 pm
eminbe wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:35 pm
Have you been at the Christmas Sherry early Eminbe?

If you don't know the limit you clearly haven't found it or had problems - rest assured it is limited at least by the funds you have available when you place it.
Betfair do have a default limit which I think is 5k, but this is only for mis-clicks etc but if you have a big enough bank and want to bet with higher stakes you can contact them to raise this.
You only limit then is a Jukebox says - your bank
Jim Royle

why people give idiots like this the time of day is beyond me , you can aiways tell its someone taking the piss when they come back with a 2nd then 3rd silly question
ANGELS15

Jim Royle wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:26 pm
why people give idiots like this the time of day is beyond me , you can aiways tell its someone taking the piss when they come back with a 2nd then 3rd silly question
Yes it's very irritating. Also what's annoying are people asking questions and then seemingly disappearing never to be heard from again. There are many clever and knowlegeable people on here who freely give up their time to reply to queries and help others. When I respond to a query I like to hope that it's been helpful and I wasn't wasting my time.

When I myself ask a question it's because I'm seeking knowlege I don't have, I always thanks those that reply as one should never take anything for granted.
Derek27

When somebody asks a very basic question I usually link them to the beginner's guide. Otherwise, we'd just end up rewriting it. :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”