Which Runner to Trade?

The sport of kings.
cookyweb

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any advice around which runner people tend to trade? I get the impression lots of people trade only the favourite.

Would you recommend sticking to the favourite or do you literally trade any runner depending on the opportunity you see? I'm sure it comes down to preference but any advice or wise words appreciated.

Thank you.
jamesg46

cookyweb wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:29 pm
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any advice around which runner people tend to trade? I get the impression lots of people trade only the favourite.

Would you recommend sticking to the favourite or do you literally trade any runner depending on the opportunity you see? I'm sure it comes down to preference but any advice or wise words appreciated.

Thank you.
Most liquidity is on the favourite but I would advise trading the runner that suits your strategy.

For example, I traded the 3rd favourite in a race today with a lay position because it runs at the rear, the front 2 were well fancied and the 4th was a front runner... so logically I'm expecting backing on the 1st and 2nd because they're well fancied (just based on odds/probability and their price trend) and potentially backing on the 4th because of people looking for back to lay trades, leaving an imbalance on the 3rd. Try to stack scenarios in your favour.
vhdgkl

Imo..almost all on the favourite... why? because almost all lose money. . On the favourite you have the perception of losing less money, a tick usually costs less money... in the long run you are destroyed... but in the short run you have less the perception of losing money... if you make a mistake on an underdog you lose much more on average... therefore almost all the money goes on the favourite

Return to “Trading Horse racing”