Betfair charts when horses are withdrawn

The sport of kings.
stevequal

If a horse is withdrawn from a market how does this impact the betfair graph?

The reason I am asking is that I have been using the charts to determine what prices a horse was available for, but it occured to me that if another horse was withdrawn from the market then the price on the chart might not actually have ever been available.

For example if a three horse race with each horse having equal chances was reduced down to two horses if the graph is not updated then if would appear that I could have got odds of 3.0 when actually this wouldn't have been the case.

Thanks in advance.
Euler

The charts are repriced on the basis of the reduction factor. So they do replicate the same price history, just adjusted for any withdrawals. You can end up with some odd-looking charts when this happens.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:05 am
The charts are repriced on the basis of the reduction factor. So they do replicate the same price history, just adjusted for any withdrawals. You can end up with some odd-looking charts when this happens.
I was using advanced charts the other day and they didnt reprice when there were non-runners
Anbell

Euler wrote:
For the record, I think I'm referring to VWAP when I say that it didnt adjust.
Euler

Advanced charts can't reprice, only plot prior history or what you tell them to plot. We can't clear the chart as the data may be used elsewhere in the software so there is no sensible way to replot or clear it.
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:40 am
Advanced charts can't reprice, only plot prior history or what you tell them to plot. We can't clear the chart as the data may be used elsewhere in the software so there is no sensible way to replot or clear it.
That makes sense. THanks.
stevequal

Euler wrote:
Thanks Peter.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”