Trading out at the off?

The sport of kings.
DavidC

Hi all.
First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who makes this forum such an informative read, and to Peter for putting out great content on his blog/Youtube.

I'm new to trading and I'm enjoying it. I do have one issue though. I have a habit of letting the trade go in play it if hasn't quite worked out. And then I let it run, and have to get out a significantly greater loss. Yes, idiotic.

I was hoping there might be a simple option to almost force my hand and automatically trade me out immediately after at the off -- green or red.

Is this feature available on Bet Angel Pro?

I appreciate in the long-term, I need more situational discipline in relation to losses, but this could be a good failsafe in the meantime.

Thanks,
David
Last edited by DavidC on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

If you add all your markets to Guardian you can apply the following simple rules file to them that will green up just before post time for you
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11361

You could also use the same file as a safety servant, that way you don't have to add any markets to Guardian, instead each time you open a market it will be ready in the background to trigger as soon as it nears post time
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/saf ... vants.html

any problems just post back, and welcome to the forum
ShaunWhite

DavidC wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:19 pm
I have a habit of letting the trade go in play it if hasn't quite worked out. And then I let it run, and have to get out a significantly greater loss. Yes, idiotic.
Hi and welcome.
It's difficult to take yourself out of the moment, but your PL at the end of the year will be the sum of 000s of races not just one. And tbh who cares if you win or lose on any one individual race when only the totals matter. It's snakes and ladders, you're unlikely to get to the end without hitting a snake or two.

And 'trading' is no more than value betting, 1000 back bets that show a PL and 1000 lay bets that show a PL. Add them together to get your total. So if you're dumping your position (ie having another back or lay bet) at terrible value in-play then it won't matter how good or clever you are at all your other bets.
DavidC

Thanks Dallas - much appreciated. I trialed it and it worked great.

Shaun - thanks for the wisdom/perspective. It puts things into context.

Again, thanks both.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”