placing a bet on ladder where no money is???

The sport of kings.
Ryanolifelix

Hi all, I am fairly new to trading. I was just wondering if anyone can help me understand this.... in reverse settings, just because that's how I like it, if I place a back bet under the bottom money tick where there is no back money in the queue, it automatically opens the bet without waiting in a queue.

For instance, if there was money in the queue in the back column at 1.98. I click a stake in at 1.97.

Does anyone know what this is called or what I am doing. I tend to do this a lot because I don't Like to wait in the queue.

thanks. Ryan.
plasteredric

If you were to place a back bet at 1.98 your money would go in the queue waiting for someone to come along and take the lay side, so if you click below this level (where there is money waiting on the lay side) you are taking someone elses lay bet so will be matched instantly.
Hope that makes sense.
Ryanolifelix

plasteredric, thanks yes makes sense. But do you know what term is used for that position, is it something along the lines of 2nd best market price? Or is that the other way?

I am trying to make an automation file that places a bet in that position and I'm stuck because I don't know the word to describe that position.

Thanks.

Ryan.
ODPaul82

If you're doing it with automation you want to use reverse market price and you can specify how many ticks below or above the current reverse price that you want to enter at
Ryanolifelix

ODPaul82, thanks!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”