Daily Trading P&L (pre off)

The sport of kings.
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 pm
Carl is in in-play trader so it's very easy to get a string of good results inplay, but still end down overall.
Yep that can happen for sure.

The key seems to be having reliable IP software, the resource to visualise how a race is likely to pan out (Pace cards), the resource to visualise how it's actually panning out. (BA IP Trader 20ms). If both match up, then there's an increased probability that a successful IP trade can be achieved.

As most know, the market IP moves fast, even though the volume is getting better, trading out when it goes against you has more risk, so not for the feint hearted or for those that can't handle their emotions.

One option available to an IP trader is the one where a trade becomes a "let it ride" opportunity. These are few and far between, but when they happen, it gives the IP trader the chance to party like it's 1999....

party.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

eatyourgreens wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 pm
I am not sure if my laptop goes to sleep when I shut the lid, the only offshore trades placed last night were when I lifted the lid up this morning........and it lost! although I do think it has fired previously on ANZ, and shown a profit (small, but relative to liability).
I will run it again tonight and tomorrow, I might increase liability from very low to low.....I am a few quid up in poker account so I can move a few more quid to doggy bot!

Give the dog a bone!
gl all :-)
In the power options settings you can "choose what closing lid does", set to "do nothing".
Personally, I would not enable this and leave lid up as the processor needs good airflow, especially if you operating up to 20hrs.
Georget79

Euler wrote:
Carl is in in-play trader so it's very easy to get a string of good results inplay, but still end down overall.

Not saying Carl is down overall, I've no idea, it's just that strike rate does not equal profit in the long term. Everybody seems to love a winner, but losses are quite real also and part of the equation.

People use this tactic to sell stuff. You can pretty much make up your own strike rate when trading lots of people make post reams of profits, but still lose money over all as their strategy is break even less commission.
Is it possible he is genuine though, and that his course is useful?

I love in-play trading and have done it for over 2 years but never made profit long term. Be great if someone did have a course that was useful.

Or maybe you are saying its impossible to be profitable in play long term? Which would make sense, due to the unpredictability of it all
Georget79

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:47 pm
goat68 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:13 pm
rik wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:53 pm
https://twitter.com/carl_trader1?s=21

Carl trader posting daily results for a while now
Blimey, that's why there's no money left for the rest of us, Carl makes £1k a day quite often!
Again fuels the question why is Carl so ahead of the game?
Why is he ahead of the game? Because it's not a game it's his day job and he's good at it.
Have you tried his course? Any good?
adryan87

Euler wrote:

Not saying Carl is down overall, I've no idea, it's just that strike rate does not equal profit in the long term. Everybody seems to love a winner, but losses are quite real also and part of the equation.

People use this tactic to sell stuff. You can pretty much make up your own strike rate when trading lots of people make post reams of profits, but still lose money over all as their strategy is break even less commission.
When he shows a very good day with around 1000 profit ,i asked him about other days with losses...and guess what,,he blocked me :))
Rowers

Carl trader is not a big player, I know a guy who is making on average 1k per day, trading with no form also. but he is ignoring me recently :D. sharing one of the screens he showed me.
and then stories of these syndicates making 6 figs a day during Cheltenham.
it is impressive that Carl is making these 1k+ days with that small bank though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rowers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0lGVSSJTw
Carl's 3month profits from 4 years ago. and don't see any +200 trade there, like I do now

Return to “Trading Horse racing”