Stewards Enquiry 16:55 Curragh

The sport of kings.
paspuggie48

Did anyone trade that market or the photo-finish?

I traded a profit for it pre-off but had a dabble with the photo-finish. Laid the 2nd and made more profit.

Nice one...

...then the market closed but the commentators said there may be a stewards enquiry, so I took a screenshot as it was 'closed'.

5 mins went by and nothing, not on BA or the website.
10 mins went by and nothing and I was credited with the profit into my account.

Then 20 mins or so later I was deducted losses from the reversed decision from the stewards enquiry.

Where was the re-opened market?...Not from what I saw....or didn't see..

Anyone else had an issue with it?

I put in a complaint but will get nowhere with it.
ANGELS15

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:39 pm
Did anyone trade that market or the photo-finish?

I traded a profit for it pre-off but had a dabble with the photo-finish. Laid the 2nd and made more profit.

Nice one...

...then the market closed but the commentators said there may be a stewards enquiry, so I took a screenshot as it was 'closed'.

5 mins went by and nothing, not on BA or the website.
10 mins went by and nothing and I was credited with the profit into my account.

Then 20 mins or so later I was deducted losses from the reversed decision from the stewards enquiry.

Where was the re-opened market?...Not from what I saw....or didn't see..

Anyone else had an issue with it?

I put in a complaint but will get nowhere with it.
I had 3 small bets in the race with an odds on lay bet to be kept in running against each horse. As it happened Citronade and Wild Dollar were 2 of the 3 horses. I thought I had won with Citronade but because Wild Dollar was finishing so well it went odds on in running so my lay bet for it also triggered.

I'm no expert on stewards enquiries but when the commentators said there had been interference and a stewards had been called I expected the market to be reopened, especially from seeing the head on. The winner had bumped the 2nd twice and the winning margin was only a short head.

I was hoping the market would re-open as there would be a chance I could cashout if the odds on Wild Dollar were short to be awarded the race.

I kept checking to see if the market would be reopened but was very surprised to see it wasn't. I checked the results pages for attheraces and William Hill to see if I could see that there was a stewards but as is typical these days no info available.

I only found out later after about 45 minutes when I checked my balance and my profit on the race was higher than before as they had awarded Wild Dollar the race.
paspuggie48

Thanks Angel.

I had a similar tweet with your reply, was it you?

I got a quick response from BF Helpdesk: -

" The traders have come back with the following response:
The market was re-opened shortly after the race then closed before settled.
Then an amended result was announced and the market was resettled to reflect that "

My response: -
" I watched it for 5-10 minutes afterwards and have BetAngel as direct API connector to the market and not either that tool nor the website re-opened the market. As I showed, the screenshot shows the market was closed and never re-opened "

Of course the Stewards was announced on the video feed but like you, I swear that market didn't re-open.

It is what it is I guess but a painful one :o
ANGELS15

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:13 pm
Thanks Angel.

I had a similar tweet with your reply, was it you?

I got a quick response from BF Helpdesk: -

" The traders have come back with the following response:
The market was re-opened shortly after the race then closed before settled.
Then an amended result was announced and the market was resettled to reflect that "

My response: -
" I watched it for 5-10 minutes afterwards and have BetAngel as direct API connector to the market and not either that tool nor the website re-opened the market. As I showed, the screenshot shows the market was closed and never re-opened "

Of course the Stewards was announced on the video feed but like you, I swear that market didn't re-open.

It is what it is I guess but a painful one :o
Hi, it wasn't me that tweeted. I feel your frustration. I was lucky on this occasion. One thing I've learned is that occasionally these nuisance hitches can work in your favour.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”