Australian racing radio query

The sport of kings.
chronos

Possibly moving from Victoria up to sunny Queensland. Can anyone tell me if the racing radio coverage up there is live, or is it on delay to sync with Sky coverage? Cheers
The dog of ry

Yeah it's technically live. I still think it's a second or two behind the Vic and NSW radio feeds for their races, which I guess is the relay time from the transmitters down south. They've started taking the Sky audio in the evenings lately. Cost cutting I'd say
Buz

It's normally live (in that there's virtually no perceptible difference between the radio and on course PA) but a couple times lately when I've been on course there's been a short delay. Wouldn't be more than a second or so but it was noticeable, and would be detrimental to in play trading. This was one occasion at Eagle Farm, another at Capalaba. I don't know if they were anomalies or if there is a very small delay somewhere in the process now.

It's funny, when I used to use the radio for in play I had much better results on the southern and western tracks, which should in theory have a slight delay, than I did at tracks 5km from my house. I think that was likely because Brisbane seemed to attract tracksiders before Sydney and Melbourne for some reason.
chronos

Ok thanks
Lutruwita

Radio TAB seems to cover more races than RSN. RSN doesn't seem to cover as many NZ races or harness racing not in Victoria. Or that is at least the case before 1pm when Tasmania picks up the Radio TAB feed.
Buz

Was back to bring instantaneous at Eagle Farm today. No delay at all.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”