Advice on B2L/Dobbing

The sport of kings.
RenegadeIX

Hey everyone,

Hope you guys are enjoying the summer days!

I've been spending some time on learning the art of B2L/Dobbing and Ill be honest I cant seem get a positive result.
I usually research the races, sticking to sprints, and selecting horses that have good pace and DOB percentages while also having previously run on the same length and going.

I end up winning 1 and losing 2 or sometimes losing 2 or 3 in a day. I am playing with small stakes right now so no harm done but Im confused as to where Im going wrong.

Any advice from experienced Back to layers here or Dobbers who have been doing this consistently?

One thing to note is im using an automation right now and if the trade goes against me , i lose the entire one point.
I have a suspicion that the key to this is getting out when you see the B2L isnt working for you and reducing your loss.

Nonetheless, I would appreciate any advice thrown my way since im still relatively new to this.

Cheers!
weemac

Sprints are harder, imo. Long distances give more time for things to happen, or appear to be about to happen.
RenegadeIX

Thats true but dont long races depend more on stamina less on pace?
Unless you mean 1m races, which makes sense.
Archery1969

Anyone tried the following B2L / Dobbing Strategy

RUNS >= 5
WINS >= 33%
AVG DROP >= 80%
AVG RISE <= 20%
PR DRIFT <= 20%

One selection for today being San Salvador running at Tipperary @ 1.00pm. Current BF odds are 14/1.
iambic_pentameter

My better results come when I've done my homework on the race i.e.

I've got a pace scenario in my head about what might happen
I've watched replays of each of the runners so I know how they are likely to run
I've looked at the form book to say whether today's conditions mirror the previous runs when they've traded lower.

Only getting involved in handicaps is helpful as you have more form to go out.

Iambic

Return to “Trading Horse racing”