NOOB question about greening up

The sport of kings.
tar1234

Probably a daft question but I've only been trading on bet angel for about 6 weeks so please forgive me.

If you get yourself into a position where you have effectively created a free bet on a runner pre race, is there a way of dutching this potential profit across say 80% of the book instead of hedging across the whole book? For instance earlier I was scalping an Irish race and managed to reach a pre race figure of £8 on a runner but didn't want spread it across field which had three or four 100/1 + runners. I've had a look at the dutching tool but not really sure how to approach this conundrum!

Great forum and community!
Dallas

Have a look at the second post here
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12774

It shows how you can use the dutching tool to over ride profits of some of the selections, which I think is along the lines of what you are looking for
tar1234

Cheers :D
gazuty

terryryan1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:19 pm
Probably a daft question but I've only been trading on bet angel for about 6 weeks so please forgive me.

If you get yourself into a position where you have effectively created a free bet on a runner pre race, is there a way of dutching this potential profit across say 80% of the book instead of hedging across the whole book? For instance earlier I was scalping an Irish race and managed to reach a pre race figure of £8 on a runner but didn't want spread it across field which had three or four 100/1 + runners. I've had a look at the dutching tool but not really sure how to approach this conundrum!

Great forum and community!
Welcome

My recommendation is to be green against the field. Leaving out 100/1 runners won’t materially improve the green and occasionally (perhaps even more than the implied probability) they will win. Sod’s law is sure to apply the first time you leave out those long shots.

PS I also recommend my guidance for noobs - viewtopic.php?t=23699

Return to “Trading Horse racing”