Racing League 2021

The sport of kings.
Realrocknrolla

https://www.racingleague.uk/

Should create a massive interest
Naffman

Feels like a bit of a gimmick tbh, nobody really likes the Shergar Cup so the BHA think a 6 week version mostly on the AW will do the trick?

I guess they're trying to get people interested in racing during the week but after the 1st race I think people will have seen enough.
Euler

The Shergar cup has never really captured the imagination. As a betting heat it's never really done very big numbers considering the quality on offer, but racing does need to spice up it's game a bit, so it's worth a shot.

If you look at how cricket has gone from lengthy test matches to some of the exciting limited over stuff, racing needs to improve its offer. Especially when you get dire quality two runners at some course in the middle of nowhere, watched by one man and his dog.
PapaShango

I think it’s a stupid idea. People who follow racing don’t even understand it, can’t see how it’s going to attract anybody that doesn’t. Will just become another set of races on an already bloated fixture list.

I quite like the Shergar Cup though. I know it’s rubbish for trading, but the event itself I think always looks quite good, and one day I’d like to go to it.
Realrocknrolla

Definitely worth a shot, with an increase in prize money on offer compared to the Shergar Cup I think it will make very competitive racing. It will also be interesting to see the team element with regards to the racing tactics…

Jockeys and their teams

Team 1 - Jockeys Oisin Murphy, Sean Levey, Hayley Turner (Trainers Andrew Balding & Richard Hannon)

Team 2 - Jim Crowley, Hector Crouch, Pat Cosgrave (George Baker, David Menuisier, Gary Moore, Amanda Perrett)

Team 3 - Paul Hanagan, David Allan, Paddy Mathers (Tim Easterby, Richard Fahey)

Team 4 - James Doyle, Callum Shepherd, Laura Pearson (Tom Clover, Charlie Fellowes, Hugo Palmer, George Scott)

Team 5 - Jason Watson, Martin Dwyer, Thore Hammer Hansen (Roger Charlton, Alan King, Martyn Meade, Brian Meehan)

Team 6 - David Egan, Dylan Browne McMonagle, Gavin Ryan (Donnacha O'Brien, Joseph O'Brien)

Team 7 - Danny Tudhope, Cam Hardie, Paul Mulrennan (Mick Appleby, Michael Dods, Paul Midgley, David O'Meara)

Team 8 - Adam Kirby, Kieran Shoemark, Saffie Osborne (Clive Cox, Nicky Henderson, Charlie Hills, Jamie Osborne)

Team 9 - Hollie Doyle, Cieren Fallon, Jack Mitchell (Michael Bell, Ed Dunlop, James Fanshawe, Roger Varian)

Team 10 - Charles Bishop, Rossa Ryan, George Bass (Mick Channon, Paul & Oliver Cole, Eve Johnson Houghton, Hughie Morrison)

Team 11 (France) - *TBC depending on Covid-19 and Brexit regulations (Philippe Decouz, Edouard Monfort)

Team 12 - Frankie Dettori, Luke Morris, Jamie Spencer (Robert Cowell, John Gosden, Sir Mark Prescott, David Simcock)
Naffman

Grant Tuer didn't give it the best advert last night :lol:
Naffman

Just about £200k at off time for the 1st race, that's genuinely pathetic
Realrocknrolla

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm
Yeah I dod notice. Managed to get something from it so can’t complain.
Euler

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm
Not exactly a huge betting heat is it! Though I prefer Galway this evening.
ShaunWhite

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:31 am
https://www.racingleague.uk/

Should create a massive interest
It would if anyone who isn't already a racing fan knew about it. Ask the man in the street how excited he is. If it doesn't bring in new money it's just moving the same old money around.
Euler

Trader Pat

Man City and PSG effectively sponsor themselves and they do alright! :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”