The Dark Side of Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
The Silk Run

It's an interesting read Greenmark, on point as always, good contribution, and raises the debate. Personally, I think all sport can be cruel, whether it involves animals, or humans.
Derek27

Life's pretty stressful on humans too. ;)
johnsheppard

In a book I read on psychopathy it says that 1-3% of the population fit the bill. It is a scale of course...but...that would mean cruelty and immoral acts are statistically probable anywhere you go...

It is the psychopaths responsibility to do the right thing first. Failing that :)The secondary responsibility is probably the racing bodies because they are the ones in the most practical position to act so therefore puts them at the top of the responsibility heap....
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:30 pm
I hate the fact that journalism has become clickbait. Very hard to find a really journalist today that looks at both sides and offers up information for viewers to make their own mind up or offer a balanced view. I know I'm biased on racing, but you see it everywhere now on all subjects.
Putting a mere +1 to that would be badly understating the relevancy and truth of it so....

+1000.... is that a high enough figure???
andy28

I wonder how many of those protesting about how racehorses are being treated put milk in their cup of tea? The life expectency of a Bobby calf if 4-5 days.

It's just what humans do, if you look hard enough you will find dirt anywhere you look
Simoba

andy28 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:04 am
I wonder how many of those protesting about how racehorses are being treated put milk in their cup of tea? The life expectency of a Bobby calf if 4-5 days.

It's just what humans do, if you look hard enough you will find dirt anywhere you look
Absolutely, very well said. Hypocrisy abounds with these programmes. Cruelty to animals is abhorrent in whatever form it manifests itself.
Derek27

Pleased to hear about national racehorse week to showcase the true side of horse racing. :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”