The sport of kings.
Euler

BBC sticking the knife into horse racing this evening: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000y2xm
Realrocknrolla

No doubt there will be pictures with Elliot
Euler

No doubt.

Guess we will have to wait and see, but I think this will be a hatchet job. I seriously doubt that they will show the love, care and attention most horses recieve.
xtrader16

The BBC days are numbered. The second I am not threatened with being jailed for non payment of the the levy they are finished. I dont care if i never watch Eastenders again, (is that crap still even on) ? The BBC seem to have it in for everybody these days, Woke.

The only caveat to the programme would be: there are a large amount of racing deaths - see horsedeathwatch.com which is quite alarming but then again these Horses would not exist if the racing wasnt a thing. People love these horses and they are well looked after.
Last edited by xtrader16 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

I concur. The BBC lost it's credibility on the world stage a number of years ago. Standby for another excercise in damage control !!!
Euler

I hate the fact that journalism has become clickbait. Very hard to find a really journalist today that looks at both sides and offers up information for viewers to make their own mind up or offer a balanced view. I know I'm biased on racing, but you see it everywhere now on all subjects.
xtrader16

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:30 pm
I hate the fact that journalism has become clickbait. Very hard to find a really journalist today that looks at both sides and offers up information for viewers to make their own mind up or offer a balanced view. I know I'm biased on racing, but you see it everywhere now on all subjects.
This is the way life has become. All debates are binary. You are either on one side or another and there is no discussion about everything in the middle. The issues arnt even discussed properly before people form an opinion. I've noticed more increasingly that people find 20% of the information they need and then form a train of thought that they are immovable from regardless of the facts. I call them 20%ers. No going back, an idiocracy is on the way.
Euler

It feels odd though doesn't it? I mean, as a trader, you work in the world of the unobvious and ambiguous and you have to come to terms with the fact the world doesn't work in a binary manner. Meanwhile, in the world outside, it's all collapsed to a binary argument, where people argue to death without even thinking there is another choice. It's really odd how it's come to that.
PapaShango

BBC hate racing/gambling.

I try to avoid their website these days though it seemed like everyday there was a new story about someone crying addict saying they were groomed into losing all their money by evil bookmakers . Never any balance, never any personal responsibility.
peachflame

Will have to wait and see, depends what this footage actually shows. Hoping that horses aren't actually being shot in sight of each other.
Derek27

The late Peter O'sullivan once ripped up his invitation to a BBC dinner in disgust when the channel aired a damming documentary about the Stable Lad's Welfare Trust.

The bottom line is that BBC have always been crap at racing coverage, never had much expertise and had to share its coverage with a multitude of sports. Now that they're no longer in racing they're free to air what they like and appeal to the racing haters and animal rights nutjobs.

I'll never forget my friend's mother spending over a year in agony waiting for a hip replacement op. Retired racehorses are usually on the operating table in a matter of days when needed. They get looked after better than we do.
ShaunWhite

If there's cruel practices then it's the fault of the racing authorities for turning a blind eye rather than whoever is reporting it. If it was squeaky clean then there wouldn't be a program so shooting the messenger seems misplaced. Rather than being mad at the BBC for finding issues be cross at those who create the issues for them to find.
Euler

Lots of people are cruel to pets, but that shouldn't apply to all pet owners.
xtrader16

Lets wait and see what it says before we judge it.
Realrocknrolla

xtrader16 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:33 pm
Lets wait and see what it says before we judge it.
I’ve read 20%.. my minds made up! 😉

Return to “Trading Horse racing”