Leapfrogging bots

The sport of kings.
stueytrader

xtrader16 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:59 am
You could enter your money, notice the increase, then remove your money (one second later)and see if the BOTS funds hold in position. If there is an advantage to you then take it off them.
I was trying exactly that at times in fact - and like you suggest, as soon as I cancelled my own order the 'leapfrogger' money suddenly disappeared each time.

End of the day, not a massive concern, as it was small amounts in a weak market, but just of interest to me that something was responding to my bets so directly.
sniffer66

This actually sounds like very similar behaviour to a bot Archery was running/discussing in the Greyhound Mystique thread a while ago. Was the first thing that sprang to mind.
jamesedwards

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:40 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:59 am
You could enter your money, notice the increase, then remove your money (one second later)and see if the BOTS funds hold in position. If there is an advantage to you then take it off them.
I was trying exactly that at times in fact - and like you suggest, as soon as I cancelled my own order the 'leapfrogger' money suddenly disappeared each time.

End of the day, not a massive concern, as it was small amounts in a weak market, but just of interest to me that something was responding to my bets so directly.
This happens a lot. I assume it is bots that work by always offering the best possible reverse market price up to a set limit of value. They will continue to jump ahead of you until they reach a set price, and will retreat again if you cancel always sitting 1 tick better than the next best price.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”