Days when every flooking thing goes against you

The sport of kings.
stueytrader

Ahhhgg!

I'm trying very hard not to smash something, and thankfully for cats I don't have one.

Why do some days every single horse, trade, selection, go the opposite of how you want...I mean every darn one.

But must not tilt of course (I've learned that lesson). I just want to do something damage that's all... :twisted:
Dallas

Walk away for 15mins or until you've got it out your head and can focus again - and it will cost you less than damaging something ;)
ShaunWhite

Coming out of a crap day relatively undamaged is more cause for celebration than making easy money. Any fool can feel like a Don when they've randomly got lucky, the days you're a 'pro' are the days when it all goes tits up and you still sleep well.
stueytrader

Cheers guys, I've calmed myself down a bit now. But just had one of those days where you really feel the gods are out there (and they are on an opposing side)!

Very wise words though above, I will take heed.
jamesg46

Fully understand what you've been through today & the emotions that followed! I've been there more times than I can remember & who knows if I'm to experience any more of them.

I'm not sure where you're on your journey (maybe it was just a bad day for you). For me this was something that occurred more in the first few years... I say few, probably the first 4 or 5 years. A wise guy has said before "effectively what your objective is, is to buy and sell risk" probably one of the best lines I've read, even though I didn't realise it for a long time. I think my anger subsided when I realised that the risk I buy is for me to manage, be it by money management, market management or daily management of myself.

Hope it was just a one off bad day and you're not like me... I went through that process for years.. thankfully I can now grind a little out of the markets.
jamesg46

Thinking about it, I think I've made multiple trips to hell and back over the past 5 or 6 years, just to get to where I am now & through those trips to hell & back I had to work 12 hour night shifts & maintain a happy family environment with 2 young kids, which at times nearly broke me, especially on about 4 hours sleep.

The amount of times I blew money (& alot of it) only to have to dig myself out of a dark place and put on a brave face in front of my Mrs & kids... it's amazing to me that I've managed to keep my belief and commitment. I've seen so many people come and give it ago, only to last a few weeks/months then claim it's just not possible.

Anyway, that post wasn't aimed at the op, I was just typing my thoughts... sorry if I've taken the thread off target.
stueytrader

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 am
Thinking about it, I think I've made multiple trips to hell and back over the past 5 or 6 years, just to get to where I am now & through those trips to hell & back I had to work 12 hour night shifts & maintain a happy family environment with 2 young kids, which at times nearly broke me, especially on about 4 hours sleep.

The amount of times I blew money (& alot of it) only to have to dig myself out of a dark place and put on a brave face in front of my Mrs & kids... it's amazing to me that I've managed to keep my belief and commitment. I've seen so many people come and give it ago, only to last a few weeks/months then claim it's just not possible.

Anyway, that post wasn't aimed at the op, I was just typing my thoughts... sorry if I've taken the thread off target.
Not at all off-topic, thanks for your thoughts and experiences.

Though yesterday was by no means any disaster in the wider sense, I have been there in the past, so it's still relevant to me too. In fact, reacting to the 'terrible' days these days for me, is to remind myself of the really 'terrible' days I have experienced in times past.

So, I appreciate the thoughts added, and GL to you too, on that thing we all have to remember - a 'new' day of course, each day. Nothing like stopping yourself tilting after a bad day, because the reward is starting new trading day.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 pm
Coming out of a crap day relatively undamaged is more cause for celebration than making easy money. Any fool can feel like a Don when they've randomly got lucky, the days you're a 'pro' are the days when it all goes tits up and you still sleep well.
That totally nails it!
stueytrader

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:40 pm
That totally nails it!
Yep, also agree. :)
Trader Pat

stueytrader wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:40 pm
Ahhhgg!

I'm trying very hard not to smash something, and thankfully for cats I don't have one.

Why do some days every single horse, trade, selection, go the opposite of how you want...I mean every darn one.

But must not tilt of course (I've learned that lesson). I just want to do something damage that's all... :twisted:

Get a heavy bag, since I first started to trade around 10 years ago I've gone through three
stueytrader

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:01 am
stueytrader wrote:
Ahhhgg!

Get a heavy bag, since I first started to trade around 10 years ago I've gone through three
Good idea - I do actually use exercise, and did last night (I've got an indoor bike I use). It does help I agree at these times.
stueytrader

Plus the added bonus it helps keep you fit! :D
The Silk Run

stueytrader wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:29 am
Trader Pat wrote:
stueytrader wrote:
Ahhhgg!

Good idea - I do actually use exercise, and did last night (I've got an indoor bike I use). It does help I agree at these times.
Partners, or Punch Bags :lol:
stueytrader

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm
stueytrader wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

:shock: :lol:
Trader Pat

The Silk Run wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pm
stueytrader wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

2 partners in that time but one was thicker than the bags so no real loss! :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”