Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:01 pm
Just even your position maybe? Whats the big deal, silly post
Thanks for your input. :-)
bennyboy351

Kai wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:24 pm
bennyboy351 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:55 pm
I'd put money on the fact that BF are paying the absolute minimum they can get away with for the "live" feeds and so the companies that supply said feeds aren't too bothered if their service isn't top-notch! Or am I just an old cynic/conspiritulationist? (Is that last one even a word? If not, I claim first 'dibs' on it if it becomes one! ;-)
To maybe offer a different perspective, the fact that Betfair has subpar level of service overall doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing either, for example if you invest in higher quality coverage of tradable live events then the crappier Betfair is the bigger your advantage etc, since it was never a level playing field to begin with.

Regarding mindset, probably best to accept Betfair's imperfections and try to move past them, otherwise might get tempted to use them as a convenient excuse :) After all, free service usually comes with a caveat.

And as you know, the inplay racing market is quick and if you get very unlucky at the wrong time there's not much you can do as that's part of the market structure, near the end you can't really afford the luxury of (over)thinking what to do with your position like in most other markets, so best to frame things beforehand so that you can always try to react accordingly.
Thanks for your input. I take on board what you are saying. But I still feel that Betfair - given that it too has its own traders - is exploiting its position AND so often taking the p*ss! ;-)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”