A Newbie Guide/Help Required. Where Do I Start?

The sport of kings.
decomez6

Anbell wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:13 am
I'm pinging this for GOAT
:) :D

i think he is gone through it , its somewhere hidden in the thread.
goat68

Anbell wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:13 am
decomez6 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:56 am
you want to be taken seriously ?
entry level bare minimum.......
watch this video and the description has a list of 7 more videos

https://youtu.be/fJnHOK7cjb8

give some feedback
goat68 wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:20 pm
asdf
I'm pinging this for GOAT
thank you
xtrader16

Haven’t bothered to read the thread just the headline/title.

My advice to you would be don’t bother getting involved with Sports Betting as a trading option and go straight into the big leagues of Currency, Commodity and Equity trading. Sports Betting just isn’t worth doing. It is highly frustrating to start off and it is limited to within a small pool of money. Trading real financial markets is unlimited and scalable to an infinite level. The time you spend on trying to 'sus-out' why the ladders move the way they do could be spent on learning real graphs and is a longer-term better option. Saying that, if you are going to learn to trade Sports Betting Bet Angel is the only software you should be using and there is 80% of the information you are going to need on here.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:51 pm
Haven’t bothered to read the thread just the headline/title.

My advice to you would be don’t bother getting involved with Sports Betting as a trading option and go straight into the big leagues of Currency, Commodity and Equity trading. Sports Betting just isn’t worth doing. It is highly frustrating to start off and it is limited to within a small pool of money. Trading real financial markets is unlimited and scalable to an infinite level. The time you spend on trying to 'sus-out' why the ladders move the way they do could be spent on learning real graphs and is a longer-term better option. Saying that, if you are going to learn to trade Sports Betting Bet Angel is the only software you should be using and there is 80% of the information you are going to need on here.
That's quite bizarre advice to give somebody expressing an interest in sports trading on a sports trading platform, where we're all sports trading!
xtrader16

Bit weird why you cant delete your own posts.
Last edited by xtrader16 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xtrader16

That's quite bizarre advice to give somebody expressing an interest in sports trading on a sports trading platform, where we're all sports trading!

Just my opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree with it. Just pointing out there are alternatives. By his own admission he doesnt even know anything about Hore Racing and Football so why bother learning how to trade those markets. Good Luck to him whatever he does.
Last edited by xtrader16 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kai

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:22 pm
Hore Racing
Last edited by Kai on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:

Just my opinion, you dont have to agree or disagree with it. Just pointing out there are alternatives. By his own admission he doesnt even know anything about Hore Racing and Football so why bother learning how to trade those markets. Good Luck to him whatever he does.
[/quote]
I advised him not to get heavily involved in form (most racing punters I know took an interest in the sport as kids) but any newbie who comes here, by the very nature of being a newbie will know little about trading. Even the best traders were at that point once.
Kai

xtrader16 wrote:
Hore Racing
I fear trading those would make things much harder for OP
Hammyali

Well this has certainly gotten a little odd.

Ok, some clarification for the trader guy. I'm not sure where you read that I knew nothing about football or horse racing, trading them I know not alot, the actual sports thenselves I could certainly hold my own in a conversation. I used to play football for my town and quite a few other teams, and followed football for years. As for horse racing I have been a regular on Timeform and Racing post for about 10 months since I started matched betting, so I know enough with regards to form, going, C&D, Jockey, Trainer etc to get by.

This goes with many other sports as being a sports fan I have a basic knowledge of the rules and competitors of most, some better than others. What I DON'T know is how to utilise Bet Angel to trade them, hence why I am here. I'm not looking to be able to retire in 5 years, I just want something I can enjoy and maybe make a few pounds along the way, and if I do well, then it's a bonus.
Derek27

Hammyali wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:05 pm
Well this has certainly gotten a little odd.

Ok, some clarification for the trader guy. I'm not sure where you read that I knew nothing about football or horse racing, trading them I know not alot, the actual sports thenselves I could certainly hold my own in a conversation. I used to play football for my town and quite a few other teams, and followed football for years. As for horse racing I have been a regular on Timeform and Racing post for about 10 months since I started matched betting, so I know enough with regards to form, going, C&D, Jockey, Trainer etc to get by.

This goes with many other sports as being a sports fan I have a basic knowledge of the rules and competitors of most, some better than others. What I DON'T know is how to utilise Bet Angel to trade them, hence why I am here. I'm not looking to be able to retire in 5 years, I just want something I can enjoy and maybe make a few pounds along the way, and if I do well, then it's a bonus.
For horse racing, I would say 10 months is about novice stage - not even enough to remember last year's Cheltenham festival at the start of the festival.

As a matter of interest, why did you need Timeform for matched betting?
Kai

Hammyali wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:15 pm
I have decided the time has come to actually stick to one thing and try to get half decent at it, and given my work and family life I thought Horse Racing was a sensible place to go as it's available to me in the evenings and when I have spare time in the day.
You still have to narrow it down further, there are 2 separate markets with preoff and inplay, and a myriad of approaches for each that could work. But people rarely share what works and what doesn't. Steep learning curve overall but can be fun if you don't forget to enjoy the journey.
Derek27

Somebody once gave me and demonstrated his secret of getting free phone calls in telephone boxes. It involved making a tool out of a wire coat-hanger. It had to be of a precise length (with a loop handle to stop it from going in too far), and it had to be inserted into the coin return flat in a precise location at a precise angle. He have me his secret but however much I tried I couldn't master it. :)
xtrader16

For horse racing, I would say 10 months is about novice stage - not even enough to remember last year's Cheltenham festival at the start of the festival.

10 Months - and the rest. I cant work them out after 5 years. I've got the knowedge of what is going on but applying it consistently is another matter.
Derek27

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:50 pm

10 Months - and the rest. I cant work them out after 5 years. I've got the knowedge of what is going on but applying it consistently is another matter.
It probably to me about 10 years to have a good understanding of a horses movement, running style and an understanding of pace, though I guess some people will have learned a lot quicker.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”