Police and air traffic control intervene after drone spotted at Newcastle

The sport of kings.
Shaung89

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 pm
Air Space around Newcastle

Airspace.JPG
Qualified Air Traffic Controller here (albeit a few years out) if you ever get any questions!
Dallas

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Dallas wrote:

Airspace.JPG
Qualified Air Traffic Controller here (albeit a few years out) if you ever get any questions!

Thanks, that's very handy to know and no doubt I'll have the odd question from time to time (would of had a few when I was doing my A2 CofC) but i'll be sure to drop you a message next time some arise.

As i'm getting further and further into this in addition to the actual flying of the drone (which I can do very comfortably) I'm really enjoying learning all about other stuff like getting a good understanding of weather, ie, forecasts and patterns etc and also rules around aviation in general
Derek27

Shaung89 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Airspace.JPG
No doubt you had your Betfair market screens next to your radar display. :)
weemac

Having watched every episode of Aircrash Investigation, I must be the leading aviation expert here.
Shaung89

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Shaung89 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Airspace.JPG

Thanks, that's very handy to know and no doubt I'll have the odd question from time to time (would of had a few when I was doing my A2 CofC) but i'll be sure to drop you a message next time some arise.

As i'm getting further and further into this in addition to the actual flying of the drone (which I can do very comfortably) I'm really enjoying learning all about other stuff like getting a good understanding of weather, ie, forecasts and patterns etc and also rules around aviation in general
No worries.

Was one of the best bits of the course for me... My wife finds it a little weird that I can name the clouds but i'm sure it gets her a little excited when I show her the 'altocumulus lenticularis' cloud - that's what I tell myself anyway!

Happy to help with airspace NOTAMs, restrictions etc but there are already a lot of useful tools online.

Shaun
Euler

When I've been hiking, pre-pandemic, it seemed almost impossible to fly my drone pretty much anywhere! Even in the middle of nowhere there were signs warning that flying a drone was banned. A few YouTubers I follow for routes have to be very careful with their footage.
PDC

A good read from Wired:
The horse, the drone and the epic fight for gambling success

In the world of in-running sports betting, fractions of a second can equal big money
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/horse-racing-drone
PDC

A new method of dealing with the drones is being tested:

https://www.tiktok.com/@richardmbrownin ... 5253892357?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”