Keeping track of strategies

The sport of kings.
Diginet

Hi all

How are traders keeping track of there strategies? There are lots of variable and im trying to figure out a way deciphering what working and whats not?

At the moment im just having notes such as Laying at 2s bottom of range fore 5 ticks. Other runners at 6's or more, Handicap race high volume.
My method just seems so uneconomial because similar situations don't come up very often.

Any tips would be a great help

Thanks
CallumPerry

Even if you're not automated, have some automation running in the background capturing some key information which you can analyse later. There's devil in the detail and detail can be found everywhere. Capture price of the runners, volume for each runner, the type of market you're in, whether you're at 'market formation' or the liquid part or the push before post time or in-play, days of the week etc.

You then need to objectively look at where you perform best/worst and logically brainstorm why. Keep long, regular records and analyse yourself frequently. If you are fully auto then this is easier.

If you want to go into more detail either post back here or PM me :)
Diginet

Hi

Thank you for the reply. I do capture all those details I guess its information overload at the moment. I will keep going for a few weeks and reach out if im still stuggling

Thanks

Craig

Return to “Trading Horse racing”