Comms on Aus racing

The sport of kings.
Luke.B

Do UK residents get 2% comms on aus racing.
We dont have rewards programs here so cant opt in for a 2% comm ( i think it is a gov regulation to not have programs that encourage gambling). We do get bonus points to reduce comms though.
Just wondering though if the uk punters are lucky enough to get 2% when we are charged 5% even more on harness etc (not factoring in discounts).
ODPaul82

No, been a few months since I traded any but if I recall it's something like 7-8%
Anbell

image_2021-10-27_173805.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

No, we get stung at the same rate, but when Betfair calculate PC, the pretend it was just 3%. So it's very expensive!
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:03 am
No, we get stung at the same rate, but when Betfair calculate PC, the pretend it was just 3%. So it's very expensive!
No BF holidays either so if you do have some time off your commission will start going up.
Anbell

Anbell wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 am
image_2021-10-27_173805.png
From here, for the record
https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/commissions-and-charges/

It does change
Luke.B

Yeah makes it hard to get market liquidity up when its such a high starting comm rate. I thought with your reward plan i might have to get out the dual citizen passport. ( but seems you pay the same)
I could prob calc this but what comms would i pay in the uk ans ir markets?. Without reward plan are they the std 5% not factoring in discounts...
JackRussel

Luke.B wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:23 am
Yeah makes it hard to get market liquidity up when its such a high starting comm rate. I thought with your reward plan i might have to get out the dual citizen passport. ( but seems you pay the same)
I could prob calc this but what comms would i pay in the uk ans ir markets?. Without reward plan are they the std 5% not factoring in discounts...
You're right. There is no point in coming up with ideas of dual citizenship. But there are not a lot of options to increase your 5% either. Or do you know?
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:06 am
Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:03 am
No BF holidays either so if you do have some time off your commission will start going up.
Betfair holidays have now become Betfair freezes but it's the same thing, you can freeze your points for a week and you are awarded a freeze every 3 months. Not much use to me though as I trade when I'm away.
ShaunWhite

Luke.B wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:16 am
Do UK residents get 2% comms on aus racing.
We dont have rewards programs here so cant opt in for a 2% comm ( i think it is a gov regulation to not have programs that encourage gambling). We do get bonus points to reduce comms though.
Just wondering though if the uk punters are lucky enough to get 2% when we are charged 5% even more on harness etc (not factoring in discounts).
We get the MBR discounts on Aus racing too but only on the same full rate you're paying.

I was under the impression the higher rates are to pay for higher govt taxation on gambling in Aus rather than simple profiteering so it's unlikely there's a way to swerve them.
Luke.B

Is there a way an Aus resident can get the 2% on UK racing that the UK residents get?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”