Breeders Cup

The sport of kings.
archiebaldy

Naffman wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:52 am
Bad scenario for BF, they'll probably have to keep Tiz the Bomb the winner but know that infuriated punters will want their winnings
they took it out the markets on exchange.
Naffman

archiebaldy wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:56 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:52 am
Bad scenario for BF, they'll probably have to keep Tiz the Bomb the winner but know that infuriated punters will want their winnings
they took it out the markets on exchange.
Most punters will have already backed it before it was withdrawn though
PDC

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:54 am
Bizarre end to the first day.

Dettori's horse got upset and was pulled. Horse next to it was also withdrawn, but then ended up racing anyhow without being in the betting market.

Never, seen that before.
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:20 am
Stewards thought Modern Games had broken through the stall when the horse next door cast himself in the gate and so declared him a non-runner and he was removed from the parimutuel market. But it turned out he had been released from the stall by one of the gate crew which meant he was reinstated into the race. California rules say once a horse has been removed from the wagering pool due to an error the horse shall run but for purse money only and will be disregarded for betting purposes.
The advantage of knowing the rules. Reminds me of the jumps race last season where all bar one runner took the wrong course and despite not "winning" the race the one that jumped the correct course won.

If you have experience of American racing this scenario that happened isn't that uncommon, it isn't an everyday occurrence but is something that happens enough to know about it.

It is something you hear people say should happen in the UK when a horse plays up, take it out of the betting to be fair on the punter but if the owners/trainer still wants to run let it run for purse only and ignore for betting purposes. I actually quite like it as a rule as it offers protection to the punter and allows trainers/owners still have their runner if they want and it has passed the vet.

Only difference this time is that it has happened on the big stage and the horse was the favourite and also won. Normally it just goes by without notice.

It sounds like Betfair have settled the market correctly as per the rules.
PDC

Just imagine had it been a coupled horse that was declared a non-runner and the other coupled horse had won, that would really confuse people :lol:
Euler

I heard the explanations on the commentary, but never trusted Betfair to do the right thing.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:19 am
I heard the explanations on the commentary, but never trusted Betfair to do the right thing.
I was fast asleep, well trying to sleep, so missed all the fun and games. If I have understood the thread, Betfair withdrew both horses prior to the race being run? So the winner of the actual race wasn't in the market when the race was run, but the horse that finished was in the market? Curious as to what price was the 2nd horse (the winner for betting purposes) available at as they crossed the line?
archiebaldy

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:24 am
Euler wrote:
I was fast asleep, well trying to sleep, so missed all the fun and games. If I have understood the thread, Betfair withdrew both horses prior to the race being run? So the winner of the actual race wasn't in the market when the race was run, but the horse that finished was in the market? Curious as to what price was the 2nd horse (the winner for betting purposes) available at as they crossed the line?
jamesedwards

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:24 am
Euler wrote:
Betfair suspended the race as the FPTP crossed the line and as the 2nd PTP was not yet established at that time there were no trades on the "betting winner" at or very near the finish. There was money available to back at 12.5 downwards at the point of suspension.
PDC

Crazy market! One for the scrapbook.
Euler

Here is coverage of the initial incident, but not what happened just after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6JFMvqhlVc
megarain

I am not one to laud Betfair, but I think the guy on the market acted 100%.

Just wish they could clone 50 of him.
PDC

What was the fastest feed for the BC last night please?
Naffman

Massive desperado on Bella Sofia
Euler

"First" race was a bit odd.

2021-11-06 at 19.05.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:56 pm
What was the fastest feed for the BC last night please?
I'm watching on Sky Sports and it's a pretty good feed, but I also have telemetry for Del Mar.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”