Profitable races to trade

The sport of kings.
Diginet

Hi,

On average how many profitable races can you trade per day, and genuinely turn a profit document it explain it and have legit proof of how you do it? ( I don't expect strategies or answers on how just an honest answer from winning traders how often they can do it)

I can fine 3 or 4 races per day which I can do day in day out know how and why.

I'm not looking for peoples strategies just how many races you can legitimately trade profitably. I cant see anything outside the 3 or 4 I trade, there are around 30 per day on average so what's the rate winning traders are actually trading?

I think I can grind out a few more types or races but only looking at 3 -4 ticks per race is that realistic or too low? A big leak I had to overcome was cutting profits to quickly and letting loses run I don't want to slip back into that.

Cheers

Craig
Derek27

Diginet wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:03 pm
Hi,

On average how many profitable races can you trade per day, and genuinely turn a profit document it explain it and have legit proof of how you do it? ( I don't expect strategies or answers on how just an honest answer from winning traders how often they can do it)

I'm not looking for peoples strategies just how many races you can legitimately trade profitably. I cant see anything outside the 3 or 4 I trade, there are around 30 per day on average so what's the rate winning traders are actually trading?

I think I can grind out a few more types or races but only looking at 3 -4 ticks per race is that realistic or too low? A big leak I had to overcome was cutting profits to quickly and letting loses run I don't want to slip back into that.

Cheers

Craig
I'm struggling to understand your post and I'm only half-cut. ;)

What do you mean by "genuinely turn a profit document it explain it", "legit proof" and "legitimately trade profitably"?

Every bet I place on Betfair is 100% legitimate. :)
ODPaul82

Fully-automated on average 11 races per day traded, average of 0.93 points made per day over the last 30 days

Purely swing trades. Only look at handicaps or listed.

Maximum liability at an absolute push is about 30% of bankroll with lays as I don't want to go any further if betfair have one of their brain-farts

Mix of backs and lays

Stop loss set at maximum of 1 point on a race, no profit lock set I just let it run to my exit point
Win/Lose/Scratch rate out of 325 markets entered in last 30 days 189 had winning trades, 119 had losing ones, 17 were scratch
alexmr2

I think some traders have a happy go lucky approach where they will open a position in 80%+ of markets and if it doesn't work out then move on whereas others stick to strict criteria to look for a spefic setup which may only arise a few times per day
Diginet wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:03 pm

This is a good start as Peter's advice is usually to begin by mastering one type of trade before you start to branch out
rik

Think most profitab;e guys have an edge on almost any race so can 'legit" trade them
Diginet

[/quote]
I'm struggling to understand your post and I'm only half-cut. ;)

What do you mean by "genuinely turn a profit document it explain it", "legit proof" and "legitimately trade profitably"?

Every bet I place on Betfair is 100% legitimate. :)
[/quote]

I mean I can trade 2 to 4 races per day and make money. I can explain my trades how they work and prove they do work. I'm just trying to gauge how many races can be realistically traded and people have an edge in.

I keep looking but I am struggling to find a strategy that can yield more than 2-3 ticks in most markets. Is that the reality of trading most of the time or should I be expecting a bigger return.
Diginet

alexmr2 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:05 am
I think some traders have a happy go lucky approach where they will open a position in 80%+ of markets and if it doesn't work out then move on whereas others stick to strict criteria to look for a spefic setup which may only arise a few times per day
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I did have this approach and most trading strategies were losing. I was just lucky in that a few were decent wins which made up for lots of small losers. Hence I can only trade a few races per day which are genuine winning trades and now my winning returns are much bigger.

I'm just trying to gauge what my expectations should be. If I could average 3 -4 ticks per race is that a good return.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”