Brovashift wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:18 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Ah right, Im with ya ;)

Thanks mate.

Im guessing this will work on the football then yes? Margin maker on the draw.
Dutching is all about backing two or more, or all selections to return a profit. You can't do it on a single selection - that's just a bet!
I was thinking more along the lines of backing/dutching the (1 X 2), all 3 outcomes?

Not sure how I had it set before to be giving me @1000 when checking the margin maker checkbox, sorted it now, Im getting my head round it slowly lol
I've never been into dutching but I'm sure a more volatile market like horse racing would be more suitable. With football match odds, you'd just be waiting for a goal or lack of a goal for a period of time for your book to close. Wrong team scores and you may never close. There are much better strategies for football.
Brovashift

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:58 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Dutching is all about backing two or more, or all selections to return a profit. You can't do it on a single selection - that's just a bet!
I was thinking more along the lines of backing/dutching the (1 X 2), all 3 outcomes?

Not sure how I had it set before to be giving me @1000 when checking the margin maker checkbox, sorted it now, Im getting my head round it slowly lol
I've never been into dutching but I'm sure a more volatile market like horse racing would be more suitable. With football match odds, you'd just be waiting for a goal or lack of a goal for a period of time for your book to close. Wrong team scores and you may never close. There are much better strategies for football.
This was my first time dutching tonight and exactly that happened... Ecuador scored at 41min and I still wasn't matched. Backed @1.38 and needed to get matched @1.62. In hindsight that was a big ask for 10%. My theory was that Venezuela @12.5 would shorten close to kick off or soon after, and send Ecuador odds out, but they remained around 1.4. I thought Venezuela were better than that lol.
SocceeMystic was saying with no goals odds would be 1.61 around 28mins in, but the goal came at 41min and the odds were @1.5.
Nevermind, at least it was only £10.

Out of curiosity, what 'much better' football strategies do you use? :)
I like LTD, but have been trying to scalp before kick off to try and get a risk free bet on LTD, with limited success.
Also backing Under 2.5 goals, but haven't done that much after getting caught by early goals in 3 matches on the trot using £100 stakes. Its difficult to accept a -£64 loss, but in the minutes after while I am coming to terms with the sting another goal goes in and I lose the lot! Lol. Not framing my trade... more like gambling!
Derek27

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:52 am
Derek27 wrote:
Brovashift wrote:

This was my first time dutching tonight and exactly that happened... Ecuador scored at 41min and I still wasn't matched. Backed @1.38 and needed to get matched @1.62. In hindsight that was a big ask for 10%. My theory was that Venezuela @12.5 would shorten close to kick off or soon after, and send Ecuador odds out, but they remained around 1.4. I thought Venezuela were better than that lol.
SocceeMystic was saying with no goals odds would be 1.61 around 28mins in, but the goal came at 41min and the odds were @1.5.
Nevermind, at least it was only £10.

Out of curiosity, what 'much better' football strategies do you use? :)
I like LTD, but have been trying to scalp before kick off to try and get a risk free bet on LTD, with limited success.
Also backing Under 2.5 goals, but haven't done that much after getting caught by early goals in 3 matches on the trot using £100 stakes. Its difficult to accept a -£64 loss, but in the minutes after while I am coming to terms with the sting another goal goes in and I lose the lot! Lol. Not framing my trade... more like gambling!
As I said in the previous post, dutching isn't really suitable for football.

I like scalping two over/under n.5 markets simultaneously and balancing the risk between them. Bear in mind that strategies don't win, they're just the basic framework of a plan. What wins is your execution of a strategy, when you decide to enter, exit, at what price, etc. Just experiment with small stakes until you see light at the end of the tunnel. No need to use £100 stakes. But perhaps focus on limiting your losses. Before placing a bet on the 2.5 market, look at the 1.5 betting, work out what your position would be if a goal goes in, what your position will be if no goal in 10-15 minutes, consider when you intend to close trade, decide in advance if you're going to close trade on a goal,etc.

I've once been stung by a second goal going in in the 2.5 market while I was considering whether to red-up or give it more time. That was the first and last time it happened. From that point onwards I've always decided in advance what I would do depending on the potential liability.
Tuco

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:03 pm
Tuco wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:47 pm
I always find that until you play live, with real money, you know nothing.

You can read a manual as to how to ride a bike all you like, but until you straddle the bike, start peddling and scrape your exposed hand against a wall, you know nothing about cycling.

From that point onwards, with everything you do you will learn, and learn for good!

Good luck to you!
Love the bicycle analogy.
...that is exactly what happened to me :lol:

Tried to ride a bike that was too big for me and didn't peddle quickly enough, so started to learn towards the left where I scraped my exposed hand (which was on the outside edge of the handlebars) against the wall I was trying to slow down and stop against.

Lesson quickly learnt and more importantly remembered! :lol:
Tuco

Derek27 wrote:
Brovashift wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

A football 'match odds' market would perhaps be the worst market to try this play - if the team who you are looking for the 10% margin on score first you're buggered and won't get matched at the desired 10% margin odds, and if the other team score first you'll be getting matched at unfavourable odds once the market is unsuspended after the goal! ...and there's no reason that the draw will be matched at the 10% either unless one team scores the first two goals!

Quite right in that volatile in-play markets like horse racing are much better suited to this style of play with people over-reacting to their positions and what that are seeing.
elofan0

would be good to have a dutching column on the one click screen so you could tick the runners there and see the book%
for number of runners ticked

Return to “Trading Horse racing”