Any way to mitigate an unmatched dutch selection?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi,

I just tried dutching the 13:45 at Cheltenham using the "Back for a target of" staking methog, for £10, at 19mins before post time.
All selections were matched pre off apart from the 2nd fav. which I kept in running to try and get matched in play. It did get matched in the final few furlongs, and the 2nd fav. Stolen Silver was beaten by a gnats whisker. But instead of me profiting the target profit of £10, looking at the predicted profit column I appear to have made a loss on this occasion.

Luckily this was practice mode... and this is why I choose to use it when familiarising myself with new BA features! :lol:

Is there a way to mitigate this scenario in future e.g. if a selection is unmatched at post time, could you take SP on the unmatched selection instead to limit any loss?

TIA

Edit: am I looking at the wrong column, did I actually make £10? If so, what does the negative predicted profit mean? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

Brovashift wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:27 pm
Hi,

I just tried dutching the 13:45 at Cheltenham using the "Back for a target of" staking methog, for £10, at 19mins before post time.
All selections were matched pre off apart from the 2nd fav. which I kept in running to try and get matched in play. It did get matched in the final few furlongs, and the 2nd fav. Stolen Silver was beaten by a gnats whisker. But instead of me profiting the target profit of £10, looking at the predicted profit column I appear to have made a loss on this occasion.

Luckily this was practice mode... and this is why I choose to use it when familiarising myself with new BA features! :lol:

Is there a way to mitigate this scenario in future e.g. if a selection is unmatched at post time, could you take SP on the unmatched selection instead to limit any loss?

TIA

Edit: am I looking at the wrong column, did I actually make £10? If so, what does the negative predicted profit mean? Thanks
Yes, you can TakeSP
cookie1892

i never thought about taking the SP at post time to mitigate, this may change my whole thinking on this, will try this afternoon

Id rather win/lose zero on those that dont match then risk the bank or trying to get matched in running

Return to “Trading Horse racing”