USA racing pics

The sport of kings.
megarain

Pictures have recently become available for

Will Rogers Downs
Turf Paradise

About 2.5 secs ahead of Betfair Live video.

If anyone wants more details, please send me a PM.
JA89

Looked into getting the fast pics for all the North American Betfair tracks... $6,000usd per month I was quoted, and only about 1.5 seconds ahead of the Betfair pics (had a brief trial). Even at a quarter of that price I doubt I could justify it with the peanuts on offer in-running.

You should be able to get decent money for a 2.5 second advantage though.
paddybet99

6K usd is indeed steep. will take months even years before you are able to get an ROI and afterwards a decent profit
Derek27

paddybet99 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:06 pm
6K usd is indeed steep. will take months even years before you are able to get an ROI and afterwards a decent profit
That's $6K a month!
Derek27

JA89 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:01 am
Looked into getting the fast pics for all the North American Betfair tracks... $6,000usd per month I was quoted, and only about 1.5 seconds ahead of the Betfair pics (had a brief trial). Even at a quarter of that price I doubt I could justify it with the peanuts on offer in-running.

When I was trading US racing I was getting greens of £2, £3, anything in double figures was good. For people paying that much for faster pics, there must be a platform in the US we don't have access to where punters can place bigger bets, I would have thought.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:37 pm
JA89 wrote:

When I was trading US racing I was getting greens of £2, £3, anything in double figures was good. For people paying that much for faster pics, there must be a platform in the US we don't have access to where punters can place bigger bets, I would have thought.
I do imagine most people who want the stream are bookmakers rather than in-running punters.

We saw on Saturday night how liquidity dives when BF didn't have the stream, even pre-race.
megarain

There are a few bookies in foreign countries who will let you place bets after the start, as the bookies haven't got fast pics.

Accounts tend to get closed etc. $6k a month is really hard to justify.

I had 2 days feed for Pimlico during the Preakness meeting, which was 2 secs ahead of Bf - over the 2 days I might have made $800, but generally thought it hard work.

The US liquidity is just too low
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:37 pm
JA89 wrote:

I do imagine most people who want the stream are bookmakers rather than in-running punters.

We saw on Saturday night how liquidity dives when BF didn't have the stream, even pre-race.
That makes sense, but I'd presume for $6K they would be licenced to display the pics in several shops. I'd be surprised if a single shop could make $200 a day judging by how empty betting shops are in the evenings.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”