Alternatives to a mouse?

The sport of kings.
Trade_Green

Good evening,

Due to a neurological condition which affects my hands particularly with feeling and dexterity does anyone know of other devices that can be connected to the pc and in turn to the BA One click screen.? For example I've set up my predetermined staking, offsets and would like to control the servants in a different way than I currently do which is left click on the mouse.? I have came accross a stream deck however I'm not sure would this be the best solution or product for me.?
Hypothetically my idea setup would something which is large enough that I don't have to constantly take my eyes away from the screen to make sure my hand / finger is on the mouse and ready to click.?

Thanks in advance
Dabbla

Xbox have adaptive controls,
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/accessories/ ... controller
They are pc compatible, may worth looking at.
PeterLe

Trade_Green wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:01 am
Good evening,

Due to a neurological condition which affects my hands particularly with feeling and dexterity does anyone know of other devices that can be connected to the pc and in turn to the BA One click screen.? For example I've set up my predetermined staking, offsets and would like to control the servants in a different way than I currently do which is left click on the mouse.? I have came accross a stream deck however I'm not sure would this be the best solution or product for me.?
Hypothetically my idea setup would something which is large enough that I don't have to constantly take my eyes away from the screen to make sure my hand / finger is on the mouse and ready to click.?

Thanks in advance
Id probably take another look at Streamdeck in more depth
There is a great little add on called Supermacro which you may not be aware of
You can program it to do sequences and move the mouse across the screen/enter values/Click etc
Im not sure how you trade, and it will take some effort to get it just right, but you could probably create most actions that can be achieved by someone doing it manually
Good Luck hope that helps
Kai

Elon Musk's Neuralink could be a game changer, think he said it can restore limb function as well, among other health benefits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9tZXuIB_I
Kai

Maybe Microsoft eye control is worth a shout in the meantime, people with various disabilities use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bqs9JkMcCA
napshnap

I use a standart xbox gamepad with Xpadder program on my second PC and this setup is totally mousefree. But I'm not sure that clicking gamepad buttons instead of clicking mouse buttons will feel any different for you.
Korattt

which makes me wonder how close we are to voice activated Bet Angel commands, like Siri, Alexa etc.. “Peter, lay favourite for £500 at 3.00”
napshnap

Korattt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm
which makes me wonder how close we are to voice activated Bet Angel commands, like Siri, Alexa etc.. “Peter, lay favourite for £500 at 3.00”
Given a gambling nature of this game it should have to learn to filter a lot of curse words).
jamesedwards

napshnap wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:14 pm
Korattt wrote:
Given a gambling nature of this game it should have to learn to filter a lot of curse words).
In exasperation I told my voice activated TV remote control to fuck off the other day and "f*#k off" duly came up on the screen and it switched the TV off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Korattt

Alexa in our lounge chirps up “I’m sorry I don’t know that one” without being prompted on occasion which is a bit spooky when me & the missus are chatting about something
sniffer66

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:26 pm
napshnap wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:14 pm
Korattt wrote:
In exasperation I told my voice activated TV remote control to fuck off the other day and "f*#k off" duly came up on the screen and it switched the TV off! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My wife (sweary, hot headed, daughter of a Southern Irish woman) actually had to apologise to our hairy arsed builders one morning, when she shouted at the Google Home, which she hates, a "f**ing useless son of c**t, answer me you f**ing c**t !!" at the top of her voice :D :D

Apparently they recognise mens voices much more easily :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”